have my legs stretched???

Mark Parsons

Guest
i haven't been on my bike much this winter, but in the last month or so i've steadily been putting
in the miles. especially in the last week and taking advantage of the fine weather. however i've had
to put my seat post up about 3mm compared to the position i had it during the winter. i feel like my
legs have stretched due to the increase in milage and subsequent fitness!!! is this possible?

mark

In a brief moment of lucidity mark parsons scribbled:

> i haven't been on my bike much this winter, but in the last month or so i've steadily been putting
> in the miles. especially in the last week and taking advantage of the fine weather. however i've
> had to put my seat post up about 3mm compared to the position i had it during the winter. i feel
> like my legs have stretched due to the increase in milage and subsequent fitness!!! is this
> possible?
>
> mark

Unlikely .. ;)

You've maybe got more supple, pliant, bendy, swapped some fatty tissue for some muscle etc etc .. ;)

--

Completed 1526 Seti work units in 11416 hours http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

3mm is not a lot. Your legs have not stretched unless you are young, like under 21. Have you thicker
soled shoes? Has the seatpost slipped? Does your chewing gum lose its flavour on the bedpost
overnight?

I think we should be told...

mark parsons <[email protected]> wrote:

: however i've had to put my seat post up about 3mm compared to the position i had it during the
: winter. i feel like my legs have stretched due to the increase in milage and subsequent fitness!!!

Most people have their seatpost a little lower in winter due to the greater thickness of clothing
worn (ie short + thick bib tights v just shorts).

3mm isn't a lot.

Arthur

Lord Lester

mark parsons <[email protected]> wrote in news:BAA54E82.2EE12%[email protected]:

> <snip>i feel like my legs have stretched due to the increase in milage and subsequent fitness!!!
> is this possible?

Along the lines of Lardy Ninja's recent post, have you had a gradual decrease in shouts of "lard
****!" recently? 3mm isn't much, but that could easily be explained away in terms of slight weight
loss/reshaping of the **** or maybe just more flexibility. I'm very inflexible and I find that a
decent cycle ride increases my flexibility enough that I need to increase my saddle height a little
as the ride progresses. Either that or someone's let the air out of my ****. Hmmm... didn't mean it
to sound quite like that
:)

Have fun!

Graeme

>Along the lines of Lardy Ninja's recent post, have you had a gradual decrease in shouts of "lard
>****!" recently?

Tis true - lose weight & you can seem to "grow" in heigh slightly due to less gravity pulling
the frame downwards :) You can also decrease in shoe size too - I didn't believe it until it
happened to me!

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

well since i started commuting on one bike, my road bike seat post has been raised by about 6mm. not
sure why either

panda

"mark parsons" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BAA54E82.2EE12%[email protected]...
> i haven't been on my bike much this winter, but in the last month or so
i've
> steadily been putting in the miles. especially in the last week and taking advantage of the fine
> weather. however i've had to put my seat post up about 3mm compared to the position i had it
> during the winter. i feel like my legs have stretched due to the increase in milage and subsequent
> fitness!!! is this possible?
>
> mark

mmm...yes i have lost weight and gained muscle, clothing thickness hasnt changed and my seatpost
hasnt slipped! i also think that my general flexibility (getting down on the drops etc) has
improved, and will continue to. i'm concerned due to an extremely dodgy left knee and generally
dont like playing around with my bike setup when everything feels right. guess things just
evolve. so in a way this isnt so daft...but what happens when i run out of seat post length :)

mark

mark parsons <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BAA5E9F5.2EE60%[email protected]>...

> i also think that my general flexibility (getting down on the drops etc) has improved, and will
> continue to.

Your legs have not stretched per se, but your muscles and tendons probably have have. Whether they
will continue to is another matter. Cyclists tend to neglect stretching and are notoriously
inflexible compared with runners, for example. Have you been stretching as well as just cycling?

--
Dave...