Have SRAM low-end chains been discontinued?

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

> PC-951-same price as the PC-59...yer bike shop needs to do some
> research.

I have been trying to find this out for a while (new model #'s vs.
old). I have used 59's and 69's for some time now. Can you
tell me what the new equivalent model for the PC-69 is? If you
know of some complete reference, that would be great.

FWIW, I just found PC-59s recently. There are - for the moment -
still suppliers that have them in stock.

Quoting Mike Jacoubowsky <[email protected]>:
>If you're on the trail and your chain fails, and you have no extra pin, it's
>a better idea than pushing your bike back home. We're not talking about
>pushing the disposable connecting pin out, but rather one of the standard
>pins used everywhere else in the chain. Yes, it will mushroom the link a
>bit, and yes, it is nowhere near as strong, and yes, it will fail down the
>road. But in all likelihood it will get you home.

I've done this on a tandem (on the rear chain) and the link completely
failed to burst into a million pieces. Eventually it started to stick and
skip. Sample size of one, I know, but with twice the regular load through
it...
--
OPTIONS=name:Kirsty,menustyle:C,female,lit_corridor,standout,time,showexp,hilit
e_pet,catname:Akane,dogname:Ryoga,fruit:eek:konomiyaki,pickup_types:"!$?=/,scores:

spin156 wrote:
> Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> >
> > PC-951-same price as the PC-59...yer bike shop needs to do some
> > research.

> I have been trying to find this out for a while (new model #'s vs.
> old). I have used 59's and 69's for some time now. Can you
> tell me what the new equivalent model for the PC-69 is? If you
> know of some complete reference, that would be great.
>
> FWIW, I just found PC-59s recently. There are - for the moment -
> still suppliers that have them in stock.

Bump ...

Can anyone tell me what the "new model" equivalent is for the PC-69??

thanks,
Bill