Have SRAM low-end chains been discontinued?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by BCDrums, Mar 30, 2006.

  1. spin156

    spin156 Guest

    Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

    > PC-951-same price as the PC-59...yer bike shop needs to do some
    > research.

    I have been trying to find this out for a while (new model #'s vs.
    old). I have used 59's and 69's for some time now. Can you
    tell me what the new equivalent model for the PC-69 is? If you
    know of some complete reference, that would be great.

    FWIW, I just found PC-59s recently. There are - for the moment -
    still suppliers that have them in stock.

  2. Quoting Mike Jacoubowsky <[email protected]>:
    >If you're on the trail and your chain fails, and you have no extra pin, it's
    >a better idea than pushing your bike back home. We're not talking about
    >pushing the disposable connecting pin out, but rather one of the standard
    >pins used everywhere else in the chain. Yes, it will mushroom the link a
    >bit, and yes, it is nowhere near as strong, and yes, it will fail down the
    >road. But in all likelihood it will get you home.

    I've done this on a tandem (on the rear chain) and the link completely
    failed to burst into a million pieces. Eventually it started to stick and
    skip. Sample size of one, I know, but with twice the regular load through
    it...
    --
    OPTIONS=name:Kirsty,menustyle:C,female,lit_corridor,standout,time,showexp,hilit
    e_pet,catname:Akane,dogname:Ryoga,fruit:eek:konomiyaki,pickup_types:"!$?=/,scores:

  3. spin156

    spin156 Guest

    spin156 wrote:
    > Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
    > >
    > > PC-951-same price as the PC-59...yer bike shop needs to do some
    > > research.

    > I have been trying to find this out for a while (new model #'s vs.
    > old). I have used 59's and 69's for some time now. Can you
    > tell me what the new equivalent model for the PC-69 is? If you
    > know of some complete reference, that would be great.
    >
    > FWIW, I just found PC-59s recently. There are - for the moment -
    > still suppliers that have them in stock.

    Bump ...

    Can anyone tell me what the "new model" equivalent is for the PC-69??

    thanks,
    Bill