Have this man arrested...

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Mr60percent, Feb 21, 2004.

  1. Mr60percent

    Mr60percent Guest

    ...for wearing back Nike socks that go half way up his leg.

    http://tinyurl.com/2c2a2

    Of course he'll win this race - the other competitors are breaking their balls laughing at "cycling
    style by Lance".

    Tags:

  2. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    And if there's one person we can always look to for sage advice on style it's you.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. James Calivar wrote:
    > "mr60percent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>...for wearing back Nike socks that go half way up his leg.
    >>
    >>http://tinyurl.com/2c2a2
    >>

    > I contest your proclamation - those socks go nowhere near 50%! Maybe 40% at best.

    That's because the UCI will exclude any rider whose level goes above 50%.

  4. Matabala

    Matabala Guest

    you're right on one point, cycling "style", it takes a genuine innovator or independent thinker to
    display real style, the rest are just following the status quo like so many blind mice.

    "mr60percent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > ...for wearing back Nike socks that go half way up his leg.
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/2c2a2
    >
    > Of course he'll win this race - the other competitors are breaking their balls laughing at
    > "cycling style by Lance".

  5. The height of Lance's socks are actually a sign to Cheryl Crow to remind her of every time that
    Lance fell asleep driving a packed school bus through dense fog at night on a narrow, 1-lane,
    winding, mountain road, waking up just in time to avoid hitting something or driving off a cliff
    while realizing that he's been living only the flimsiest set of simulations -- designed to make him
    believe he's eternally glide through life unscathed, without consequence, no matter what he does or
    doesn't do, or how badly he's

    he lets go, and since everybody seems to suffer so tragically in these transactions, on both the
    meta-spiritual and meta-psychological levels, the only genre of therapy that seems at all
    appropriate for him is the oldest one in the book, you know, the one where he just calls everybody
    a bunch of idiots for even bothering to exist at all, then he grabs another bag of black knee high
    Nike cycling socks and runs.

    "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > James Calivar wrote:
    > > "mr60percent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > >>...for wearing back Nike socks that go half way up his leg.
    > >>
    > >>http://tinyurl.com/2c2a2
    > >>

    > > I contest your proclamation - those socks go nowhere near 50%! Maybe
    40% at
    > > best.
    >
    > That's because the UCI will exclude any rider whose level goes above 50%.

  6. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Richard Longwood" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > The height of Lance's socks are actually a sign to Cheryl Crow to remind her of every time that
    > Lance fell asleep driving a packed school bus through dense fog at night on a narrow, 1-lane,
    > winding, mountain road, waking up just in time to avoid hitting something or driving off a cliff
    > while realizing that he's been living only the flimsiest set of simulations -- designed to make
    > him believe he's eternally glide through life unscathed, without consequence, no matter what he
    > does or doesn't do, or how badly he's

    > he lets go, and since everybody seems to suffer so tragically in these transactions, on both the
    > meta-spiritual and meta-psychological levels, the only genre of therapy that seems at all
    > appropriate for him is the oldest one in the book, you know, the one where he just calls everybody
    > a bunch of idiots for even bothering to exist at all, then he grabs another bag of black knee high
    > Nike cycling socks and runs.

    Many words, few sentences.

    --
    tanx, Howard

    "We're not laughing -at- you, we're laughing -with- you..) "But... I'm not
    laughing???" Happiness

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  7. Brian P

    Brian P Guest

    Right as rain. In two years black crew socks will be all the rage. what a trendsetter.

    "matabala" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > you're right on one point, cycling "style", it takes a genuine innovator
    or
    > independent thinker to display real style, the rest are just following the status quo like so many
    > blind mice.
    >
    > "mr60percent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > ...for wearing back Nike socks that go half way up his leg.
    > >
    > > http://tinyurl.com/2c2a2
    > >
    > > Of course he'll win this race - the other competitors are breaking their balls laughing at
    > > "cycling style by Lance".

  8. Mr60percent

    Mr60percent Guest

    Ah, pestilence; oh its just Kunich.

    A few years ago I attended a training session at the now defunct Olympic velodrome in Carson and
    forgot my cycling socks but used my civie black socks instead. The amount of slagging I got about
    wearing black socks was unbelieveable. Strange enough the guy who did the most slagging was the
    track coach ... a guy called Lance.

    > And if there's one person we can always look to for sage advice on style it's you.
    >

    > "mr60percent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > ...for wearing back Nike socks that go half way up his leg.
    > >
    > > http://tinyurl.com/2c2a2
    > >
    > > Of course he'll win this race - the other competitors are breaking their balls laughing at
    > > "cycling style by Lance".

  9. And speaking of rain, duct tape over the tops of your booties is all the rage in cycling fashion on
    California's Central Coast.

    "It never rains in California .. it pours, man it pours."

    "Brian P" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<gu2dnVVNItXBxqTdRVn-
    [email protected]>...
    > Right as rain. In two years black crew socks will be all the rage. what a trendsetter.
    >
    > "matabala" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > you're right on one point, cycling "style", it takes a genuine innovator
    > or
    > > independent thinker to display real style, the rest are just following the status quo like so
    > > many blind mice.
    > >
    > > "mr60percent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > ...for wearing back Nike socks that go half way up his leg.
    > > >
    > > > http://tinyurl.com/2c2a2
    > > >
    > > > Of course he'll win this race - the other competitors are breaking their balls laughing at
    > > > "cycling style by Lance".

  10. Rick Onanian

    Rick Onanian Guest

    On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 18:27:23 GMT, Howard Kveck <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Many words, few sentences.

    Amend that to: Many words, few sentences, no intelligent thought.
    --
    Rick Onanian