Have you been nice in 2013? :D

Volnix

Feb 19, 2011
Santa the obese -12 reindeer powered vehicle- driver is coming to town so...

This year Strava says that I:

-Cycled 3500km in total in 149 rides. (Thats something like a ride every second day!
smile.png
)

-Climbed 22000m in total.

How much did you cycle in 2013???
smile.png

Congratulations, volnix! Great job!

For pissing off that twerp, alien, Santa will reward you a Lotus, a Ferrari and more sunshine to cycle in!

Let's see...in...what's that unit of measure you Euros use?...oh yeah...Km. Somewhere around 27,000 Km. Wet summer. Why don't you guys switch to the manly man's unit of measure...the American Mile? That's...er...5,280 feet. The King's feet, I think. Not mine.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
Let's see...in...what's that unit of measure you Euros use?...oh yeah...Km. Somewhere around 27,000 Km. Wet summer. Why don't you guys switch to the manly man's unit of measure...the American Mile?
27000km???
shocked.png
Wow... That -is- nice!
big-smile.png

I was a fairly good boy although I didn't make my goal for 2,000 miles by end of year. Instead, I made it to 1800 on 64 rides. 3,000 km to you folks across the pond.

Congrats Campy Bob! That's quite a year!

Brian in VA

I trained when I could but it has been a long time since I have kept up with mileage. I know if I am having a good ride by the way I feel and that's all I need.
The computer is there but I pay little attention to it.

Quote by JH:
"I trained when I could but it has been a long time since I have kept up with mileage."

When I started riding in 1972, all the experienced riders told me to keep a log and what to record in it. Since that first season I have went to some office supply joint, bought a day planner and kept detailed records of the rides, the races, the accidents, the conditioning, the ride partners, the jokes along the way and life's many events over the 40+ years I've trained and raced.

If the house were to burn to the ground today, I believe I would miss those log books the most.

I advise all the young riders coming into the sport to not only use the online log websites and the software/hard drive based logs, but to put pencil to paper and record their lives on two wheels.

There you go, when I was younger I did that but no longer qualify as a young rider.

MMR says 2351.6 miles. I'm terrible at using it properly, tend to forget it entirely, pause it then forget to resume when I move again, or let the phone battery die and lose the data entirely. So, I'm going to go with 3,000 miles as my official total for 2013.

I had declared a goal of 5,000 miles for the season, back in March. I knew at the time that was unrealistic, simply due to time constraints alone. So, I'm pretty happy with 3,000.

My 2014 goal should be 5,000 and do it -- I should pick up speed hence miles on the road bike.

Originally Posted by Volnix

This year Strava says that I:

-Cycled 3500km in total in 149 rides. (Thats something like a ride every second day!
smile.png
)

-Climbed 22000m in total.

How much did you cycle in 2013???
smile.png
I hate braggarts, but for you I'll make an exception. Nice work, Volnix.

Originally Posted by oldbobcat
I hate braggarts, but for you I'll make an exception. Nice work, Volnix.
Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
I advise all the young riders coming into the sport to not only use the online log websites and the software/hard drive based logs, but to put pencil to paper and record their lives on two wheels.
"Mmmm... Pencil... Psycho...
big-smile.png

(Not tha" :

That stuff just showed up as I pressed quote so I just left them there (btw I had to press click to show blocked message... you didnt send an "aliens" kinda post didnt you? (You probably so did...
big-smile.png
) Are you using white letters on a white background?
big-smile.png
Oldest trick in the book!
big-smile.png

Fanks anyway!
big-smile.png