Have You Built Your Own Heart Rate Monitor?

CAMPYBOB said:
https://www.google.com/search?q=heart+rate+monitor+schematic&rlz=1T4GGHP_enUS466US466&biw=1600&bih=634&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=MepmVajCHYaGsAWqt4PADA&ved=0CB0QsAQ#imgrc=_

heart_sch.gif
Neat. Now if Radio Shack has the parts, you might be able to build one that's smaller than a brick. At least it will be lighter than one.

Radio shack is a great source for batteries and cell phone contracts.

@maydog, you just made me a happy guy. I didn't know Sparkfun is that advanced and didn't think to check them out. @jhuskey, yes, I agree with you about Radio Shack. My closest Radio Shack has closed, and I never noticed it. That is what I get for ordering parts from Adafruit, Sparkfun, Mouser, and Digikey -- in that order. You can't walk in to a Radio Shack store and expect the counter help to know what a resistor is any more.

@CampyBob, the photo you posted (of the Fiat, right?) makes me think the car has a heart...like Herbie, huh? Now there was a muscle car.

Bob

jhuskey said:
Radio shack is a great source for batteries and cell phone contracts.
They used to have cool stuff. I used them for resistors and capacitors for an electric guitar and amp.

Quote by JH:
"T-Tops that leaked like a screen door on a submarine."

So...duck tape or a caulking gun and a tube of clear silicone sealant?

A guy at work is driving the beater Grand Prix he gave to his daughter to get her through college. And grad school. And he Doctorate. The sun roof is sealed with duck tape. Yee. Haw. Ohio rocks!

I bought a new car last year and they gave me the best deal I've ever received from a stealership because I kept turning down the sales offers...again. And Again. And again. Why? Because it's a fully loaded POS, which is what I wanted...but, it had a fracking sun roof with three layers of moving elements...which I positively did not want any part of.

For the thousands I kept in my pocket I'll keep a tube of silicone seal and a roll of duck tape at the ready.

Did I mention that I despise T-Tops and sun roofs?

I told one moron salesgoof that if I really wanted to drive a convertible I would hop on one of my motorcycles.

I really think it may be more fun to homebrew an AED with taser attachments and maybe some welding appplications.

jhuskey said:
I really think it may be more fun to homebrew an AED with taser attachments and maybe some welding appplications.
That would just be to tempting to go on the assault with. :p Evil thoughts here.

"Radio shack is a great source for batteries and cell phone contracts EPO money for your Pro Tour cycling team.

FTFY

And don't forget the over-priced RC helicopters.

Heart Rate Monitors are affordable and reliable. There are even smart phone apps to help with that. I would probably not trust something I made myself. Especially not something like that.