Have you ever bought bike stuff on eBay.

An ebay bike. This is something different I've not heard of doing this. I guess there are many things you could build this way. I'll have to try it out. Putting a bike together like this somehow reminds me of building a model plane or car. Those little plastic parts you would put together with that glue with the fumes. Yes, ebay you need to really check the seller out with their reviews and so forth.

Bought a "bicycle spanner" for about a dollar with free shipping from China. Don't really know why, I guess I was in a fit of buying cheap bike things right then. And I thought to myself why not, it's got four sizes on a single spanner, what can go wrong? Turned out, even a dollar was too much for what the thing was worth. It was just a sheet of soft alloy, nicely cut and painted - bent the minute I wanted to unscrew an old pedal from the crank arm.

Also bought some similar bike tools that same evening, I don't even know what they're for any more...

I think I bought some cheapish gloves at some point or another off of there, and I'm sure I've bought the odd tool to do some maintenance with.

I can't remember if I bought some gloves since but the ones I have seem to have lasted me pretty well and I never really go out without them.

No. However, I've been tempted by a few bicycle items on eBay. It's just the shipping and customs fees that put me off from purchasing any of these. Besides I can get hold of what I want from most of the bicycle shops located in my area. Therefore, I don't see myself making use of eBay for bicycles or parts anytime soon.

I actually ordered a pair of new pedals there. Occasionally you may find really good discounts and in my experience shipping is quite fast depending on the location. In addition customer service is really good and if you pay with Paypal it is relatively easy to get your money back in case you were scammed.

If it's a well-known product that you could get in most bike shops, I don't see why now. Especially if the price is lower for some reason. But as I said before, buying some cheap Chinese stuff just for the sake of an incredibly low price is a no-go for me. In my experience even a few dollars has been too much for what I ordered.