Have you ever ridden a bicycle for a social cause?

I've ridden Bikes-Not-Bombs the last few years, and did the Tour DeCure for almost 10 years.

It's great to be in an environment when we know we are helping a cause and at the same time we do what we love, pretty smart from the organization if you ask me.

When I was in college there was a ride for breast cancer that I was a part of. It was really fun and it was a really big turnout. I remember being really surprised at how many people could pack into a small downtown area. The area was beautiful though so it was perfect for a little ride.

Came here to say something smart-ass. ya'll got it covered already it would seem.
If they had a bike ride to promote the consumption of real beer man I would be all over that.
I might have to float that idea over the the good folks at
http://www.camra.org.uk
Now that's a charity I can get behind!

Actually I did do a bike for cancer once, because it was for an organization that actually really helped someone close to me getting treated for caner.

What, beer charity are you talking about bike? :D That's another side of it, I would not say no! :D

I had participated before in charity events and other causes for the environment. I still have not chanced upon anything that would make me use my bike. I guess the people in my place are more into running

i have but it was some time back it was for the local animal shelter. We paid a small fee and it would go to improving the living conditions for the animals.

That's the whole logic behind that. I mean, we pay a fee, we get to ride with friends and we also help a cause, a great day. :)