Have you ever........

Bubba

Guest
Am in the process of making bread and saw some cedar planks I'd gotten
as a Christmas gift. Was wondering????
Seems like you'd get a soggy bottomed loaf that tasted like a pine
tree...but then again...
Has anyone ever tried this?

Bubba

--
You wanna measure or you wanna cook?

Bubba wrote:
> Am in the process of making bread and saw some cedar planks I'd gotten
> as a Christmas gift. Was wondering????
> Seems like you'd get a soggy bottomed loaf that tasted like a pine
> tree...but then again...
> Has anyone ever tried this?
>
> Bubba

No, and I wouldn't. Cedar planks are great for fish on the grill (salmon is
the primary recipient of this treatment) - you have to soak the planks
first.

Jill

Wonderful! A loaf of bread which taste like a pine tree! I want the recipe!
TIA
Pandora

"Bubba" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email protected]...
> Am in the process of making bread and saw some cedar planks I'd gotten as
> a Christmas gift. Was wondering????
> Seems like you'd get a soggy bottomed loaf that tasted like a pine
> tree...but then again...
> Has anyone ever tried this?
>
> Bubba
>
> --
> You wanna measure or you wanna cook?

>m in the process of making bread and saw some cedar planks I'd gotten as a Christmas gift. Was wondering???? Seems like you'd get a soggy bottomed loaf that tasted like a pine tree...but then again...
Has anyone ever tried this?

Bake a loaf or two and if you don't like the taste, toss them in your
closets as a moth deterant. Kev

kevnbro wrote:
>>m in the process of making bread and saw some cedar planks I'd gotten as a Christmas gift. Was wondering???? Seems like you'd get a soggy bottomed loaf that tasted like a pine tree...but then again...

> Has anyone ever tried this?
>

> Bake a loaf or two and if you don't like the taste, toss them in your
> closets as a moth deterant. Kev

LOL! Now there's a thought!

--

kevnbro wrote:
> >m in the process of making bread and saw some cedar planks I'd gotten as a Christmas gift. Was wondering???? Seems like you'd get a soggy bottomed loaf that tasted like a pine tree...but then again...

> Has anyone ever tried this?
>

> Bake a loaf or two and if you don't like the taste, toss them in your
> closets as a moth deterant. Kev

I think cedar is toxic when eaten, so I wouldnt

NT