Have you ever........

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Bubba, Jan 6, 2006.

  1. Bubba

    Bubba Guest

    Am in the process of making bread and saw some cedar planks I'd gotten
    as a Christmas gift. Was wondering????
    Seems like you'd get a soggy bottomed loaf that tasted like a pine
    tree...but then again...
    Has anyone ever tried this?

    Bubba

    --
    You wanna measure or you wanna cook?

    Tags:

  2. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    Bubba wrote:
    > Am in the process of making bread and saw some cedar planks I'd gotten
    > as a Christmas gift. Was wondering????
    > Seems like you'd get a soggy bottomed loaf that tasted like a pine
    > tree...but then again...
    > Has anyone ever tried this?
    >
    > Bubba

    No, and I wouldn't. Cedar planks are great for fish on the grill (salmon is
    the primary recipient of this treatment) - you have to soak the planks
    first.

    Jill

  3. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    Wonderful! A loaf of bread which taste like a pine tree! I want the recipe!
    TIA
    Pandora

    "Bubba" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]
    > Am in the process of making bread and saw some cedar planks I'd gotten as
    > a Christmas gift. Was wondering????
    > Seems like you'd get a soggy bottomed loaf that tasted like a pine
    > tree...but then again...
    > Has anyone ever tried this?
    >
    > Bubba
    >
    > --
    > You wanna measure or you wanna cook?

  4. kevnbro

    kevnbro Guest

    >m in the process of making bread and saw some cedar planks I'd gotten as a Christmas gift. Was wondering???? Seems like you'd get a soggy bottomed loaf that tasted like a pine tree...but then again...
    Has anyone ever tried this?

    Bake a loaf or two and if you don't like the taste, toss them in your
    closets as a moth deterant. Kev

  5. Bubba

    Bubba Guest

    kevnbro wrote:
    >>m in the process of making bread and saw some cedar planks I'd gotten as a Christmas gift. Was wondering???? Seems like you'd get a soggy bottomed loaf that tasted like a pine tree...but then again...

    > Has anyone ever tried this?
    >

    > Bake a loaf or two and if you don't like the taste, toss them in your
    > closets as a moth deterant. Kev

    LOL! Now there's a thought!

    --
    You wanna measure or you wanna cook?

  6. Puester

    Puester Guest

    Nope, never.

    gloria p

  7. kevnbro wrote:
    > >m in the process of making bread and saw some cedar planks I'd gotten as a Christmas gift. Was wondering???? Seems like you'd get a soggy bottomed loaf that tasted like a pine tree...but then again...

    > Has anyone ever tried this?
    >

    > Bake a loaf or two and if you don't like the taste, toss them in your
    > closets as a moth deterant. Kev

    I think cedar is toxic when eaten, so I wouldnt

    NT