Have you heard about the human-powered helicopter?

mitan143

Apr 16, 2018
When I was browsing one of my social media account, I have encountered a very interesting topic which was about a human-powered helicopter. The invention was built by young engineers and it was four-rotor helicopter that spans 100 feet and only weighs 80 pounds. The 100-foot-wide rickety machine worked through a full effort on pedaling and they tried it until it reached 10 feet above the ground and it was successful.

Just click on the link for the full details.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emK-qIbuJ-k

That's quite an invention but 100 feet is quite long for a propeller and although they got it up in controlled conditions, I don't think it can fly in normal outdoor conditions because of wind factors which a sudden wind could easily tilt it and it would result to the propellers destruction.

That looks great but very tiring to do, although some of the first flying machines have some sort of pedaling mechanism as well so this certainly isn't unheard of and can totally be possible to create.

That's quite an invention but 100 feet is quite long for a propeller and although they got it up in controlled conditions, I don't think it can fly in normal outdoor conditions because of wind factors which a sudden wind could easily tilt it and it would result to the propellers destruction.
Yes, that's what I thought on its size too. Probably too long, and I wonder they ended it up designing that big. But for those who made the invention, it seems like it is kind of a big achievement for them. Well, I still appreciate their determination to test their experiment. I'm looking for its upcoming use in the future.

That looks great but very tiring to do, although some of the first flying machines have some sort of pedaling mechanism as well so this certainly isn't unheard of and can totally be possible to create.
True! It really looks like very tiring. When I am watching the video, I couldn't help but to salute to the guy who put so much effort and determination on pedaling just to lift up that helicopter. But he will surely got a body build up for that and it might somehow become a new technique for body exercise as well.

Never heard this one until now. Very interesting and I think dangerous. What if you get tired or losing the cardio while a few meters above the ground? LOL. But I think I want to try this one. It's cool.

When I was browsing one of my social media account, I have encountered a very interesting topic which was about a human-powered helicopter. The invention was built by young engineers and it was four-rotor helicopter that spans 100 feet and only weighs 80 pounds. The 100-foot-wide rickety machine worked through a full effort on pedaling and they tried it until it reached 10 feet above the ground and it was successful.

Just click on the link for the full details.

I don't think it can fly in normal outdoor conditions because of wind factors which a sudden wind could easily tilt it and it would result to the propellers destruction.