Have you used an automatic lube dispenser?

divinemaredi

Mar 2, 2016
Honestly, I only found out about an automatic lube dispenser recently and apparently it's for the "lazy mechanics out there" but I reckon it's really efficient and convenient to use, but I'd like to know what you think about it, and if you currently have one, here a picture of one:
d63883b9fa0c89eddfd38c999e9ea57a_original-630x419.jpg

This is perfect for folks that already bolted on every useless and purposeless accessory to their bicycles known to man, but are still in search of yet one more gizmo to drag around with them.

Last edited:
This is perfect for folks that already bolted on every useless and purposeless accessory to their bicycles known to man, but are still in search of yet one more gizmo to drag around with them.

I agree, this is pure craziness. Maybe if I touring and I used liquid wax **** and needed to apply the lube every 40 miles because the wax is about worn out! But if I was touring I wouldn't use wax anyways because it doesn't hold up to rain nor keep the chain from rusting. Since the device was crazy I was just thinking of crazy ways in which someone might one to use it.

It was developed out of the company's experience with motorcycle automatic oilers...you know...the adventure bike crowd that tours through the Sahara for three months and forgets their bottle of oil that can be used in the engine, the transmission, etc.

But hey, if you've already bought the airbag helmet from Sweden, this makes perfect sense.

And there was that ProTour racer that won the stage last week with a $150 CeramicSpeed brand chain that was "hand infused" with Teflon and had an effective life of 300 Km and saved 3 Watts...so I guess we all need to start ordering CeramicSpeed chains.

It was developed out of the company's experience with motorcycle automatic oilers...you know...the adventure bike crowd that tours through the Sahara for three months and forgets their bottle of oil that can be used in the engine, the transmission, etc.

But hey, if you've already bought the airbag helmet from Sweden, this makes perfect sense.

And there was that ProTour racer that won the stage last week with a $150 CeramicSpeed brand chain that was "hand infused" with Teflon and had an effective life of 300 Km and saved 3 Watts...so I guess we all need to start ordering CeramicSpeed chains.

I think the airbag thing should be required by law to be in all helmets like airbags in cars today.

Pro racers get that **** for free so that some rich guys will see that and buy those chains like water.

Remember what I've said before, cycling is the new golf, corporate types are rushing into this sport and spending huge dollars, and just golf was able to sell a $3,000 iron the cycling industry will easily sell a $150 chain.