Haven't done it in while

Zilla

Guest
An endo that is. I get cocky now in this one DH section of a
trail I ride, with logs going across it to control water
flow. I've cleared it the last 100 times, but not today. I
concentrated to much on one log and THUD, over the bars,
head first. My helmet hit the ground since I pulled my head
chin down to my chest. My neck hurts now, and I know it'll
hurt worse tomorrow. I'll probably see a doc to make sure
all is still connected.

--
- Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

Zilla wrote:
> An endo that is. I get cocky now in this one DH section of
> a trail I ride, with logs going across it to control water
> flow. I've cleared it the last 100 times, but not today. I
> concentrated to much on one log and THUD, over the bars,
> head first. My helmet hit the ground since I pulled my
> head chin down to my chest. My neck hurts now, and I know
> it'll hurt worse tomorrow. I'll probably see a doc to make
> sure all is still connected.

God, Zilla, that's monstrous! (Glad you're mostly OK.) :)

Bill "Mothra" S.

On 2004-05-11, Zilla penned:
> An endo that is. I get cocky now in this one DH section of
> a trail I ride, with logs going across it to control water
> flow. I've cleared it the last 100 times, but not today. I
> concentrated to much on one log and THUD, over the bars,
> head first. My helmet hit the ground since I pulled my
> head chin down to my chest. My neck hurts now, and I know
> it'll hurt worse tomorrow. I'll probably see a doc to make
> sure all is still connected.

Definitely see a doc. s/he'll prolly say it's nothing, but
it's always good to check.

Good reflexes, pulling your chin in.

Hope you feel better soon.

--
monique

Zilla wrote:
> An endo that is. I get cocky now in this one DH section of
> a trail I ride, with logs going across it to control water
> flow. I've cleared it the last 100 times, but not today. I
> concentrated to much on one log and THUD, over the bars,
> head first. My helmet hit the ground since I pulled my
> head chin down to my chest. My neck hurts now, and I know
> it'll hurt worse tomorrow. I'll probably see a doc to make
> sure all is still connected.

If you're still in some pain, try BIO FREEZE. Great stuff!

I've graduated from endoing to falling on my left side,
everytime. It looks like someone has been wacking me with a
bat on the left for weeks.

Get well and don't forget to check the helmet to make sure
it was not damaged. You may even want to send it out for
replacement if it hit that hard.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Zilla wrote:
> > An endo that is. I get cocky now in this one DH section
> > of a trail I ride, with logs going across it to control
> > water flow. I've cleared it the last 100 times, but not
> > today. I concentrated to much on one log and THUD, over
> > the bars, head first. My helmet hit the ground since I
> > pulled my head chin down to my chest. My neck hurts now,
> > and I know it'll hurt worse tomorrow. I'll probably see
> > a doc to make sure all is still connected.
>
> If you're still in some pain, try BIO FREEZE. Great stuff!
>
> I've graduated from endoing to falling on my left side,
> everytime. It
looks
> like someone has been wacking me with a bat on the left
> for weeks.
>
> Get well and don't forget to check the helmet to make sure
> it was not damaged. You may even want to send it out for
> replacement if it hit that hard.
>
> --
> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o www.schnauzers.ws

It's iced as I type this. After I made sure I can wiggle my
toes, the helmet was the next thing I checked.

--
- Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

"Zilla" <[email protected]> had this to say
news:[email protected]

> "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote
> in message news:[email protected]...
>>

>> Zilla wrote:
>> > An endo that is. I get cocky now in this one DH section
>> > of a trail I ride, with logs going across it to control
>> > water flow. I've cleared it the last 100 times, but not
>> > today. I concentrated to much on one log and THUD, over
>> > the bars, head first. My helmet hit the ground since I
>> > pulled my head chin down to my chest. My neck hurts
>> > now, and I know it'll hurt worse tomorrow. I'll
>> > probably see a doc to make sure all is still connected.
>>
>> If you're still in some pain, try BIO FREEZE. Great
>> stuff!

Second the BIO-Freeze reccommendation

>> I've graduated from endoing to falling on my left side,
>> everytime. It
> looks
>> like someone has been wacking me with a bat on the left
>> for weeks.
>>
>> Get well and don't forget to check the helmet to make
>> sure it was not damaged. You may even want to send it out
>> for replacement if it hit that hard.
>>
>> --
>> o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o www.schnauzers.ws
>>

> It's iced as I type this. After I made sure I can wiggle
> my toes, the helmet was the next thing I checked.

I'm pretty new to MTBing and reading this post makes me feel
a bit better. In a way I couldn't wait until I had my first
bone cruncher. I was flying down a trail the other day and
as I came out of a bunch of brush I was confronted by a
tree. Looking bad I'm thinking that maybe I could have
avoided it with more experience, but my tendency was to lock
my eyes on that tree and I think that made me steer into it.
My first big, hard hitting endo! Luckily I shifting my
weight to the left quickly, I missed taking a straight
impact down through my neck and just peeled a bunch of skin
off my shoulder instead. Does this make me official now?

Zilla wrote:
> An endo that is. I get cocky now in this one DH section of
> a trail I ride, with logs going across it to control water
> flow. I've cleared it the last 100 times, but not today. I
> concentrated to much on one log and THUD, over the bars,
> head first. My helmet hit the ground since I pulled my
> head chin down to my chest. My neck hurts now, and I know
> it'll hurt worse tomorrow. I'll probably see a doc to make
> sure all is still connected.

"N. D. Muscutt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm pretty new to MTBing and reading this post makes me
> feel a bit better. In a way I couldn't wait until I had my
> first bone cruncher. I was flying down a trail the other
> day and as I came out of a bunch of brush I was confronted
> by a tree. Looking bad I'm thinking that maybe I could
> have avoided it with more experience, but my tendency was
> to lock my eyes on that tree and I think that made me
> steer into it. My first big, hard hitting endo! Luckily I
> shifting my weight to the left quickly, I missed taking a
> straight impact down through my neck and just peeled a
> bunch of skin off my shoulder instead. Does this make me
> official now?

OUCH. Very glad you are here to tell about this one.
Trees in a head-on can lead to real tragedies. Don't
take this wrong, friend, but isn't it a good thing it
was a tree instead of a PERSON? You were out of control,
as we ALL have been at one time or another, so this is
no condemnation, but the scenario you painted for us is
a prescription for trail closures. Learn from it, for
your good and for the good of other trail users. Bad
trail design (blind corners on flowing downhills, for
instance) can set you up for these kinds of incidents,
and it should be corrected, but in the real world,
probably won't be. Note that corner in your mind and get
slowed down beforehand in the future. And remember that
_anytime_ you cannot see what lies ahead, the instinct
needs to be to slow down _now_, not after it's too late.
Yep, you're official now.
--
D N I E T S Off to R the M __, D H

Reply to group. (Detestible spammers!)