Having 97 and 2003 on terminal server

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Rob, Aug 23, 2005.

  1. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Hi,
    I have a windows 2003 terminal server machine with access 2003. I have only
    one remote desktop user who needs to use access 97 and wondering if there is
    any way to install 97 on this server only for him not all users. Any
    suggestions?
    Thanks in advance for any help-Rob

    Tags:

  2. mct546

    mct546 Guest

    I doubt it, access 2k3 and 97 on the same box? Ah no. Tell him to
    convert his access 97 "stuff" to access 2k3...

    Also tell him to start lifting weights...

    Krista's back still looks good...She has new pics up on her site...

  3. On 23 Aug 2005 13:59:24 -0700, "mct546" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Krista's back still looks good.

    Did she shave it at last?

    TBR

    White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    "Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
    but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."

  4. Larry Hodges

    Larry Hodges Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have a windows 2003 terminal server machine with access 2003. I
    > have only one remote desktop user who needs to use access 97 and
    > wondering if there is any way to install 97 on this server only for
    > him not all users. Any suggestions?
    > Thanks in advance for any help-Rob

    Why not upgrade him to 2003? Also, you can save applications from A03 in an
    A97 format.

    Assuming that's not possible...

    A97 and A03 can co-exist on the same box. A97 can't read a A03 db. There
    are a couple of options for what you want.

    You could enact folder level security, and give only him access rights (and
    you of course) to the area where A97 is installed and the back-end db is
    located.

    Or you could impliment security in the MDW file, requiring him to enter a PW
    to access the app. Of course, A97 would be accessable to all the other
    users under this scenario, but not the app.
    --
    -Larry

    "The troll hasn't been born who can troll us worse than we troll
    ourselves." Hugh Beyer