Hawthorn Hedges

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Iarocu, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. Iarocu

    Iarocu Guest

    Farmers hedge cutting season is here again! I had my first rear wheel puncture for over a
    year :( Iain

    Tags:

  2. "iarocu" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Farmers hedge cutting season is here again! I had my first rear wheel puncture for over a year :(

    Unless a clear path had been made by passing traffic I would get off and push, as a puncture would
    almost be a certainty.

  3. In article <[email protected]>, Adrian Boliston
    <[email protected]> writes
    >"iarocu" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]osting.google.com...
    >
    >> Farmers hedge cutting season is here again! I had my first rear wheel puncture for over a year :(
    >
    >Unless a clear path had been made by passing traffic I would get off and push, as a puncture would
    >almost be a certainty.

    Err ..... yes ..... but the problem is that you often don't notice until you're in the middle of
    them. We've all been moaning about this problem for years but nothing is ever going to change
    without considerable pressure being brought to bear, and we just don't have the voice I'm
    afraid. I had a go at a farmer myself last weekend and he agreed it was a problem but blamed it
    on the contractor. I wonder who paid the contractor and who's hedge it was! I wasn't best
    pleased with him, especially after helping him herd his sheep the weekend before! I had to turn
    back and adapt my route.

    We're never going to stop hedge trimming. What we need is some legislation forcing contractors to
    put up signs at the END of the road where they're cutting and making either the farmer or the
    contractor responsible for brushing up afterwards, with stiff penalties for non-compliance.

    --
    Victor Meldrew

    Remove bra to reply by e-mail.