General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Haycock from Ennerdale

Started by Sean McMahon · · Last activity · 5 posts · 301 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
26 November 2004
Last activity
30 November 2004
Original author
Sean McMahon
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
301
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I had a run out to Haycock from the Ennerdale side today. The cloud
    was quite low lying, but the coast seemed to be in sunshine and there
    was a surprise clearing of the mist right at the end of the walk. Of
    course, Haycock has special memories for me as it was the one I
    completed my Wainwright 214 on way back in sunny April! As for
    Ennerdale Fell - what's the score with that? Last time I did it there
    was a high wall and some old barbed wire to climb over, now it's like
    Fort Knox with new barbed wire all over! A daring bit of jumping was
    required for this one and rather than go back over it, I did a 'route
    1' straight down the steep side of it. Photo's are posted:

    http://www.stridingedge.net

    Regards,
    Sean

  2. On 26 Nov 2004 11:24:35 -0800, [email hidden] (Sean

    McMahon) said:

    As for Ennerdale Fell - what's the score with that? Last time I did it there
    was a high wall and some old barbed wire to climb over, now it's like
    Fort Knox with new barbed wire all over! A daring bit of jumping was
    required for this one and rather than go back over it,

    This is this also known as Iron Crag, right ?
    when I did it I had to struggle over and back over a barbed wire
    topped wall; but continuing north west only 100 or 200 m further,
    there was a fence in a RoW that crosses the wall and then disappears.
    but it continually surprises me that styles are not put at places
    where people will want to cross.......tops.

    I like the use of the Aerial map view to illustrate your route.
    Don't the powers that be get on to you about this ? like they see to
    do with actual maps. Do they turn a blind eye to the aerials ?

  3. On 26 Nov 2004 11:24:35 -0800, [email hidden] (Sean

    McMahon) said:

    I had a run out to Haycock from the Ennerdale side today. The cloud
    was quite low lying, but the coast seemed to be in sunshine and there
    was a surprise clearing of the mist right at the end of the walk. Of
    course, Haycock has special memories for me as it was the one I
    completed my Wainwright 214 on way back in sunny April! As for
    Ennerdale Fell - what's the score with that? Last time I did it there
    was a high wall and some old barbed wire to climb over, now it's like
    Fort Knox with new barbed wire all over! A daring bit of jumping was
    required for this one and rather than go back over it, I did a 'route
    1' straight down the steep side of it. Photo's are posted:

    http://www.stridingedge.net

    Regards,
    Sean

    Good stuff. The wire is clearly to heaf in the sheep (-:

    --

    R
    o
    o
    n
    e
    y

  4. Carl <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    On 26 Nov 2004 11:24:35 -0800, [email hidden] (Sean

    McMahon) said:

    As for Ennerdale Fell - what's the score with that? Last time I did it there
    was a high wall and some old barbed wire to climb over, now it's like
    Fort Knox with new barbed wire all over! A daring bit of jumping was
    required for this one and rather than go back over it,

    This is this also known as Iron Crag, right ?
    when I did it I had to struggle over and back over a barbed wire
    topped wall; but continuing north west only 100 or 200 m further,
    there was a fence in a RoW that crosses the wall and then disappears.
    but it continually surprises me that styles are not put at places
    where people will want to cross.......tops.

    That's right, it's also known as Iron Crag. I didn't see a stile, even
    though I walked past the top for 100m...perhaps I should have gone
    further!?

    Quoted message said:

    I like the use of the Aerial map view to illustrate your route.
    Don't the powers that be get on to you about this ? like they see to
    do with actual maps. Do they turn a blind eye to the aerials ?

    I'm not charging them for 'enhancement'and advertisement, so hopefully
    it's quits..haha!

    Sean

  5. On 26 Nov 2004 11:24:35 -0800, [email hidden] (Sean

    McMahon) said:

    Photo's are posted:

    http://www.stridingedge.net

    Nice pic's, thanks, and particularly the one of Silvercove Beck.

    Best wishes,
    --
    ,,
    (**)PeeWiglet~~
    / \ / \

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.