Hayes Disc Brakes

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Tim Burgher, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Tim Burgher

    Tim Burgher Guest

    What do you guys think of the Hayes Hydraulic Disc Brakes? What different models does Hayes have for
    Disc brakes?

    Tim

    Tags:

  2. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

  3. Jan Sacharuk

    Jan Sacharuk Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Tim Burgher wrote:
    > What do you guys think of the Hayes Hydraulic Disc Brakes? What different models does Hayes have
    > for Disc brakes?

    I've only got 6" rotors on my VPS-3, but I've never had a problem slowing down or stopping. They're
    really nicely broken in, too, so I get good stopping power and excellent modulation.

    The only problem I've ever had with them that isn't from pad contamination (leaky fork) or a bent
    rotor (smacked a rock, probably at Fernie) is that under really hard braking when it's -25C or so,
    if you crash, it's possible to hammer the lever hard enough to accidentally pump fluid behind the
    pad (or something, I don't remember exactly what it was, and I had my mechanic fix it), which
    requires a re-bleed. Rock solid brakes. I'd recommend them to anyone.

    JS

    --
    Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code

    - Hermes, Futurama