Hayes HFX-9 8in. Discs

Ghr7891

Feb 23, 2004
I have a quick question, I was wondering when I get my HFX-9's and the IS adapters do I need to get a special adapter to run the 8 inch rotors, or will the brakes come with them.
-Thanks

Originally posted by Ghr7891
I have a quick question, I was wondering when I get my HFX-9's and the IS adapters do I need to get a special adapter to run the 8 inch rotors, or will the brakes come with them.
-Thanks

Hayes brakes don't bring any adapters. They mount standard on Manitou type post mounts but for IS you will need to buy the right adapter seperately. You need to make sure the fork you get is designed for 8" forks. The mount is actually different. IS forks designed for 6" forks (most standard forks) will not fit an 8" rotor. Most thru-axle forks require 8" rotors and will actually not be able to use 6" ones.

aw, dam then I will just get a set of Hayes comps 6in. Thanks for telling me before I bought them.

Check with a bike store, I 've got HFX 9s running on Psylos with 8 inch discs and my girlfriend runs the same brakes and forks but 6 inch discs.

i'm pretty sure you can get adapters to run 8 inch discs on most forks