Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Hayes hydraulic brakes?

Started by expat · · Last activity · 5 posts · 3,089 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
27 July 2003
Last activity
11 August 2005
Original author
expat
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,089
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. This is my first post so hi all😉
    I have a set of Hayes hyraulic disk brakes, a hard plstic washer spacer type thing has falen out, this washer helps connect the break leaver to the brake mount for smoother breaking. I went to the bike shop and they told me I have to buy a whole new pice. Is this true or do they sell seperate parts for the brakes.
    I hope you know what I'm talking about as I'm new to all this
    😉 . Cheers thanks for your time

  2. From your description it is alever pin bushing. You can buy those separate but depends on your lever. But I am sure the ones I offer will work.

    Again another shop not knowing what they are talking about. I deal with this far too often. They are just salesmen trying to make a bigger sale. I would not stop there as often. They obviously do not care about the customer.

  3. or more likely, not wanting to have to do a special order for a small part.

  4. Either way not a very good way to inform a customer.

    I hear far too many shops passing bad information. I hate it because people go believing that information and passing it out to others.

    Shops should be more responsible on what information they pass on to buyers.

  5. expat said:

    This is my first post so hi all😉
    I have a set of Hayes hyraulic disk brakes, a hard plstic washer spacer type thing has falen out, this washer helps connect the break leaver to the brake mount for smoother breaking. I went to the bike shop and they told me I have to buy a whole new pice. Is this true or do they sell seperate parts for the brakes.
    I hope you know what I'm talking about as I'm new to all this
    😉 . Cheers thanks for your time


    Find someone if not then you who has an account in a whole sale catalouge for bike parts, I've seen them and you can buy everything down to the separate gears on a cassette.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.