Hayes hydraulic brakes?

expat

Jul 26, 2003
This is my first post so hi all;)
I have a set of Hayes hyraulic disk brakes, a hard plstic washer spacer type thing has falen out, this washer helps connect the break leaver to the brake mount for smoother breaking. I went to the bike shop and they told me I have to buy a whole new pice. Is this true or do they sell seperate parts for the brakes.
I hope you know what I'm talking about as I'm new to all this
;) . Cheers thanks for your time

From your description it is alever pin bushing. You can buy those separate but depends on your lever. But I am sure the ones I offer will work.

Again another shop not knowing what they are talking about. I deal with this far too often. They are just salesmen trying to make a bigger sale. I would not stop there as often. They obviously do not care about the customer.

Either way not a very good way to inform a customer.

I hear far too many shops passing bad information. I hate it because people go believing that information and passing it out to others.

Shops should be more responsible on what information they pass on to buyers.

expat said:
This is my first post so hi all;)
I have a set of Hayes hyraulic disk brakes, a hard plstic washer spacer type thing has falen out, this washer helps connect the break leaver to the brake mount for smoother breaking. I went to the bike shop and they told me I have to buy a whole new pice. Is this true or do they sell seperate parts for the brakes.
I hope you know what I'm talking about as I'm new to all this
;) . Cheers thanks for your time
Find someone if not then you who has an account in a whole sale catalouge for bike parts, I've seen them and you can buy everything down to the separate gears on a cassette.