Hayes hydraulic brakes?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by expat, Jul 26, 2003.

1. expat

expat New Member

This is my first post so hi all;)
    I have a set of Hayes hyraulic disk brakes, a hard plstic washer spacer type thing has falen out, this washer helps connect the break leaver to the brake mount for smoother breaking. I went to the bike shop and they told me I have to buy a whole new pice. Is this true or do they sell seperate parts for the brakes.
    I hope you know what I'm talking about as I'm new to all this
    ;) . Cheers thanks for your time

Tags:

2. xavier

xavier New Member

From your description it is alever pin bushing. You can buy those separate but depends on your lever. But I am sure the ones I offer will work.

Again another shop not knowing what they are talking about. I deal with this far too often. They are just salesmen trying to make a bigger sale. I would not stop there as often. They obviously do not care about the customer.

3. Topmounter

Topmounter New Member

or more likely, not wanting to have to do a special order for a small part.

4. xavier

xavier New Member

Either way not a very good way to inform a customer.

I hear far too many shops passing bad information. I hate it because people go believing that information and passing it out to others.

Shops should be more responsible on what information they pass on to buyers.

5. giantnrsfsrider

giantnrsfsrider New Member

Find someone if not then you who has an account in a whole sale catalouge for bike parts, I've seen them and you can buy everything down to the separate gears on a cassette.