Hayes purchases Answer (Manipoop)

Slack wrote:
> Mybe this is old news to many of you, but I didn't even know Answer was
> on the market...
>
> http://www.hayesdiscbrake.com/news_latest.shtml
> --Slack

Wow, what happened to their motorcycle products? Answer's site doesn't
even have a link to the moto division and I see online retailers selling
'07 Answer motocross clothing, helmets, etc.

Answer was owned by Tucker Rocky, one of the big motorcycle parts and
accessories distributors, for several years. Tucker Rocky was in turn
owned by LDI, and looking at LDI's site it says they sold Answer in 2004
but it doesn't say to who. I wonder if the moto stuff was sold in 2004
and the bicycle stuff was sold this year?

Greg
--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 20:13:10 -0800, G.T. <[email protected]> wrote:

> Slack wrote:
>> Mybe this is old news to many of you, but I didn't even know Answer was
>> on the market...
>> http://www.hayesdiscbrake.com/news_latest.shtml
>> --Slack

> Wow, what happened to their motorcycle products? Answer's site doesn't
> even have a link to the moto division and I see online retailers selling
> '07 Answer motocross clothing, helmets, etc.
>
> Answer was owned by Tucker Rocky, one of the big motorcycle parts and
> accessories distributors, for several years. Tucker Rocky was in turn
> owned by LDI, and looking at LDI's site it says they sold Answer in 2004
> but it doesn't say to who. I wonder if the moto stuff was sold in 2004
> and the bicycle stuff was sold this year?
>
> Greg

I thought I read about Answer's management purchased the bike division
before they sold it to Hayes... But I cannot remember where I read this,
so I could be confusing the facts with something else.
Good thing you got out of there years ago.

Anyway, Hayes is really turning into an interesting story. They now have
brakes, front and rear suspension, wheels and a proprietary transmission
for bikes. The only thing missing in their line up is a frame
manufacturerr..... hmmmm.....
--
Slack