Haynes' "The Bike Book" available cheapo-cheapo in Oxford

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by J-P.S, Apr 30, 2003.

  1. J-P.S

    J-P.S Guest

    I've just bought a copy of the Haynes manual for bikes - "The Bike Book" - for £1.50 in the little
    Blackwell's on Broad Street in Oxford. It's closing down soon and everything in there is half the
    sale price.

    I don't know how much people rate it here, but it seems a good introduction to a fair bit of cycle
    repair and care. And it has few beginner's-level gaps in it, which will help enormously.

    J-P
    --
    The English will all be toffs, and will cheat furiously. The half-time pep talk will be a rousing
    speech about patriotism and how now's the time to fly the bomb into the alien mothership. And the

    Tags:

  2. Gadget

    Gadget Guest

    Get me a copy and I'll post you all the necessary funds.

    :eek:)

    Many Thanks

    Gadget

    "j-p.s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I've just bought a copy of the Haynes manual for bikes - "The Bike Book" - for £1.50 in the little
    > Blackwell's on Broad Street in Oxford. It's closing down soon and everything in there is half the
    > sale price.
    >
    > I don't know how much people rate it here, but it seems a good introduction to a fair bit of cycle
    > repair and care. And it has few beginner's-level gaps in it, which will help enormously.
    >
    > J-P
    > --
    > The English will all be toffs, and will cheat furiously. The half-time pep
    talk
    > will be a rousing speech about patriotism and how now's the time to fly
    the
    > bomb into the alien mothership. And the statesiders will get their clammy
    hands
    > on one of our fine English roses. Who'll probably be played by Gwyneth.

  3. Andrew B

    Andrew B Guest

    Ah, well if you taking orders for copies ! I would difinately want one. I came so close to but a
    copy today for considerably more. :)

    Regards,

    Andrew

    "j-p.s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]... I've just bought a copy of the Haynes manual
    for bikes - "The Bike Book" - for £1.50 in the little Blackwell's on Broad Street in Oxford. It's
    closing down soon and everything in there is half the sale price.

    I don't know how much people rate it here, but it seems a good introduction to a fair bit of cycle
    repair and care. And it has few beginner's-level gaps in it, which will help enormously.

    J-P
    --
    The English will all be toffs, and will cheat furiously. The half-time pep talk will be a rousing
    speech about patriotism and how now's the time to fly the bomb into the alien mothership. And the
    statesiders will get their clammy hands on one of our fine English roses. Who'll probably be played
    by Gwyneth.

  4. J-P.S

    J-P.S Guest

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:56:12 +0100, Gadget scrawled: ) Get me a copy and I'll post you all the
    necessary funds.

    Sorry: in work all day tomorrow (thesis due, and undergraduates need their tutorin') and away for
    the weekend. I don't know how long the sale's lasting, but if I get a chance I'll look in on Monday
    and buy their remaining copies.

    J-P