Haynes' "The Bike Book" available cheapo-cheapo in Oxford

J-P.S

Guest
I've just bought a copy of the Haynes manual for bikes - "The Bike Book" - for £1.50 in the little
Blackwell's on Broad Street in Oxford. It's closing down soon and everything in there is half the
sale price.

I don't know how much people rate it here, but it seems a good introduction to a fair bit of cycle
repair and care. And it has few beginner's-level gaps in it, which will help enormously.

J-P
--
The English will all be toffs, and will cheat furiously. The half-time pep talk will be a rousing
speech about patriotism and how now's the time to fly the bomb into the alien mothership. And the

Get me a copy and I'll post you all the necessary funds.

:eek:)

Many Thanks

Gadget

"j-p.s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've just bought a copy of the Haynes manual for bikes - "The Bike Book" - for £1.50 in the little
> Blackwell's on Broad Street in Oxford. It's closing down soon and everything in there is half the
> sale price.
>
> I don't know how much people rate it here, but it seems a good introduction to a fair bit of cycle
> repair and care. And it has few beginner's-level gaps in it, which will help enormously.
>
> J-P
> --
> The English will all be toffs, and will cheat furiously. The half-time pep
talk
> will be a rousing speech about patriotism and how now's the time to fly
the
> bomb into the alien mothership. And the statesiders will get their clammy
hands
> on one of our fine English roses. Who'll probably be played by Gwyneth.

Ah, well if you taking orders for copies ! I would difinately want one. I came so close to but a
copy today for considerably more. :)

Regards,

Andrew

"j-p.s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... I've just bought a copy of the Haynes manual
for bikes - "The Bike Book" - for £1.50 in the little Blackwell's on Broad Street in Oxford. It's
closing down soon and everything in there is half the sale price.

I don't know how much people rate it here, but it seems a good introduction to a fair bit of cycle
repair and care. And it has few beginner's-level gaps in it, which will help enormously.

J-P
--
The English will all be toffs, and will cheat furiously. The half-time pep talk will be a rousing
speech about patriotism and how now's the time to fly the bomb into the alien mothership. And the
statesiders will get their clammy hands on one of our fine English roses. Who'll probably be played
by Gwyneth.

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:56:12 +0100, Gadget scrawled: ) Get me a copy and I'll post you all the
necessary funds.

Sorry: in work all day tomorrow (thesis due, and undergraduates need their tutorin') and away for
the weekend. I don't know how long the sale's lasting, but if I get a chance I'll look in on Monday
and buy their remaining copies.

J-P