Hazardous Bike Lanes

The cops don't care about cyclists so they will never enforce the rules when it comes to motorists behavior toward laws aimed at protecting cyclists...but the cops also won't enforce laws that cyclists break either. I've had cars pass me giving me about 6 to 10 inches of space and a cop is behind them and the cop does nothing, and I live n a 3 foot rule area! Nor do the cops care if a cyclist runs a red light or rides at night with no lights or reflectors. There are a lot more laws that both motorists and cyclists break that goes unpunished.

On another note, cyclists need to be a lot less rude to motorists, I've seen cyclists swerve in front of a car forcing the car to slam on their brakes, then the motorist honks their horn and the cyclist flips them off and yells a colored metaphor just to put the cherry on top of the deseart.

Someone asked what is the average bike path or lane width, it's 5 feet, some maybe wider inside of parks though, but in some older neighborhoods I've see them about 3 feet wide.

It's sadly those types of cyclists that give the rest of us a bad reputation.

I'll never forget the guy I encountered in one town who was changing from the path to the road multiple times and in front of motorists with no concern for his safety or anyone else's, or the guy up in London who ran a red light and nearly plunged into the side of my car yet had the audacity to accuse me of being in the wrong.

It's sadly those types of cyclists that give the rest of us a bad reputation.

I'll never forget the guy I encountered in one town who was changing from the path to the road multiple times and in front of motorists with no concern for his safety or anyone else's, or the guy up in London who ran a red light and nearly plunged into the side of my car yet had the audacity to accuse me of being in the wrong.

We may be separated by an ocean but we both have the same problems.

I'm certain I haven't seen that unfortunately measured bike lane, but to be clear, I haven't even seen bike lanes around my city. Isn't that sad? Bikes are supposed to ride with cars and other vehicles, and that's kind of dangerous. Imagine the accidents and tragedies that can be saved if we have bike lanes around here. But that's the thing, our government's priority isn't really road safety at all. I hope that changes in time and with a new governance coming soon.