He bought a bike! He bought a bike!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by the black rose, Sep 15, 2004.

  1. Chalo

    Chalo Guest

    "Andrew Price" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Chalo wrote: -
    > >
    > > My sweetie is inclined towards bright oranges, pinks, and spring
    > > greens. Worn together if possible. >

    > It appears to be an immutable law of cycling that colours not found in
    > nature tend to proliferate - good for visibility;

    Well, that is true, but...

    I was talking about her regular clothes. Both she and I ride in
    whatever we were going to wear anyway.

    Chalo Colina

  2. R.White

    R.White Guest

    [email protected] (Chalo) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > the black rose <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > The frame on his bike is
    > > a nice dark green, not the banana yellow pictured (I doubt my extremely
    > > conservative husband would have bought the bike had it been that shade
    > > of yellow).

    > I have a buddy who used to be a canvasser for California Peace Action,
    > and he said that people with yellow houses were almost inevitably
    > Republicans. Maybe Greens ar more likely to have yellow bikes and
    > dark green houses?
    >
    > My first really nice bike, which I got around the time of my 19th
    > birthday, was a lavender 15-speed Cannondale MTB with white stem and
    > handlebars and pink grips. It was totally rad. :^)

    My bike is Celest, so I'm middle of the road.

  3. Jeff Starr

    Jeff Starr Guest

    On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 16:41:40 GMT, the black rose
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Oh hey, now there's an idea. I got a good visual of that, green
    >knotwork on creamy white would be gorgeous.
    >
    >Every now and then I'm tempted to get a tattoo, but then I remember what
    >they look like when you're 90 years old. Blech!
    >
    >-km

    I have a tattoo on my right upper arm and would like to get one on my
    left side to balance things out.
    I originally was going to get a dog, maybe have it done from a photo
    of my springer, but now I'm thinking about a roadbike. I still haven't
    found what I'm looking for, yet.
    A friend suggested my dog on a roadbike, might be cool, but I'm no
    artist.
    Anyone got any ideas on the roadbike? Maybe a drawing or another
    tattoo that you have seen?
    It is one of those things I'll do when I see the right one. It took
    years for me to decide on my first one.

    Life is Good!
    Jeff

  4. Tom Keats

    Tom Keats Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    the black rose <[email protected]scape.net> writes:

    > Oh hey, now there's an idea. I got a good visual of that, green
    > knotwork on creamy white would be gorgeous.

    You've got good taste.

    cheers,
    Tom

    --
    -- Nothing is safe from me.
    Above address is just a spam midden.

  5. maxo

    maxo Guest

    On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 19:05:51 -0500, Jeff Starr wrote:

    > A friend suggested my dog on a roadbike

    and I'll suggest a spaniel on a penny-farthing. :D

  6. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest