he has gained a few

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jtn, Jan 29, 2003.

  1. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    Tags:

  2. McCoughan

    McCoughan Guest

  3. Sparhawk

    Sparhawk Guest

    On 29 Jan 2003 13:21:05 -0800, [email protected] (McCoughan) wrote:

    >he does look a little funny in the photo, but its just a training photo..

    He does look a little funny but I bet if you put your hand in his pocket you would feel "nuts"!

    Sparhawk

  4. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On 1/29/03 1:30 PM, in article [email protected], "Sparhawk"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On 29 Jan 2003 13:21:05 -0800, [email protected] (McCoughan) wrote:
    >

    >> he does look a little funny in the photo, but its just a training photo..
    >
    > He does look a little funny but I bet if you put your hand in his pocket you would feel "nuts"!

    "nut" (singular!!)

    > Sparhawk

  5. catbsq

    catbsq Guest

    or "nut"

    "Sparhawk" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On 29 Jan 2003 13:21:05 -0800, [email protected] (McCoughan) wrote:
    >

    > >he does look a little funny in the photo, but its just a training photo..
    >
    > He does look a little funny but I bet if you put your hand in his pocket you would feel "nuts"!
    >

    > Sparhawk

  6. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

  7. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

  8. In article <l1%Z9[email protected]>, "Tom Kunich"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > if this is really lance the photo didnt do him any justice.
    > >
    > > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/?id=2003/jan03/USPS_train/cnla1

    > I mentioned that last year at the SFGP. Lance is getting bigger and that doesn't bode well for
    > climbing.

    On the other hand, he might take the yellow and green jerseys this year
    :).

  9. Cycling Joe

    Cycling Joe Guest

  10. Tom raises an interesting point. Does anyone with medical knowledge know if there are any studies
    indicating a period of muscle reduction follwed by a cure of muscle gain over time, post-chemo?

    Brian Lafferty

    --
    Fascism should more appropriately be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and
    corporate power.--Benito Mussolini Together We Can End Violence, Exploitation and War Visit UU
    http://www.truemajority.org "Ryan Cousineau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <l1%[email protected]>, "Tom Kunich"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > > "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > if this is really lance the photo didnt do him any justice.
    > > >
    > > > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/?id=2003/jan03/USPS_train/cnla1
    >
    > > I mentioned that last year at the SFGP. Lance is getting bigger and that doesn't bode well for
    > > climbing.
    >
    > On the other hand, he might take the yellow and green jerseys this year
    > :).
    >
    > --
    > Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

  11. Andy Coggan

    Andy Coggan Guest

    "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > if this is really lance the photo didnt do him any justice.
    >
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/?id=2003/jan03/USPS_train/cnla1

    Normally I ignore all the Armstrong tizzieness, but I find this hilarious: one photo of him all
    bundled up on an apparently cold day (see the similar pic of Ekimov to see what I mean) starts
    people hypothesizing about weight/muscle mass gain, when just a few weeks ago everybody was making a
    big deal out of Armstrong's dedicated winter training which included a local 'cross race and a
    duathlon (where he was looking plenty lean). Get a life, people!

    Andy Coggan

  12. I think it is a bad photo angle. The reports I've read about their training camp this year all say
    that Lance looks to be in better shape this year than in years past.

    BVB

  13. easyrider

    easyrider New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2002
    We'll look at pictures and ponder weight gain and his imminent demise, but come fantasy race time he will be picked by everyone right off the bat. No question. The King ain't dead yet folks.

  14. McCoughan

    McCoughan Guest

    lol..

    I know the guy who "wins" the race in that commercial - local cat 1. he's probably 6'4" and with
    that pic in mind, thinner too..

    anyways, given that cyclists are a small part of their target market, Gillete probably wouldnt want
    to pay lance's commercial appearance fees..

    Sean

    Cycling Joe <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > he aint doing commercials for Gillete, I guarantee that.
    >
    > JTN wrote:
    >
    > >if this is really lance the photo didnt do him any justice.
    > >
    > >http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/?id=2003/jan03/USPS_train/cnla1

  15. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    > "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > if this is really lance the photo didnt do him any justice.
    > >
    > > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/?id=2003/jan03/USPS_train/cnla1
    >
    > Normally I ignore all the Armstrong tizzieness, but I find this hilarious: one photo of him all
    > bundled up on an apparently cold day (see the similar pic of Ekimov to see what I mean) starts
    > people hypothesizing about weight/muscle mass gain, when just a few weeks ago everybody was making
    > a big deal out of Armstrong's dedicated winter training which included a local 'cross race and a
    > duathlon (where he was looking plenty lean). Get a life, people!

    That picture didn't seem unusual and besides his arms were exposed. But when you compare Armstrong
    '00 with Armstrong '02 you can see a definite body build difference. You could see the same thing in
    LeMond '86 when he had arms the size of toothpicks and in '90 when he had a fairly large upper body.

    Time marchs on and why should Armstrong be any different?

  16. Andy Coggan wrote:

    > "JTN" <[email protected]om> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > if this is really lance the photo didnt do him any justice.
    > >
    > > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/?id=2003/jan03/USPS_train/cnla1
    >
    > Normally I ignore all the Armstrong tizzieness, but I find this hilarious: one photo of him all
    > bundled up on an apparently cold day (see the similar pic of Ekimov to see what I mean) starts
    > people hypothesizing about weight/muscle mass gain, when just a few weeks ago everybody was making
    > a big deal out of Armstrong's dedicated winter training which included a local 'cross race and a
    > duathlon (where he was looking plenty lean). Get a life, people!

    That was kind of what I thought.

  17. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Tom
    Kunich) wrote:

    > "Andy Coggan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > if this is really lance the photo didnt do him any justice.
    > > >
    > > > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/?id=2003/jan03/USPS_train/cnla1
    > >
    > > Normally I ignore all the Armstrong tizzieness, but I find this hilarious: one photo of him all
    > > bundled up on an apparently cold day (see the similar pic of Ekimov to see what I mean) starts
    > > people hypothesizing about weight/muscle mass gain, when just a few weeks ago everybody was
    > > making a big deal out of Armstrong's dedicated winter training which included a local 'cross
    > > race and a duathlon (where he was looking plenty lean). Get a life, people!
    >
    > That picture didn't seem unusual and besides his arms were exposed. But when you compare
    > Armstrong '00 with Armstrong '02 you can see a definite body build difference. You could see the
    > same thing in LeMond '86 when he had arms the size of toothpicks and in '90 when he had a fairly
    > large upper body.

    Huh? Are you talking about the picture in the URL above, or the 'cross race pic? In the "bundled up"
    picture above, his arms are either completely bundled up, or have turned USPS-blue from the cold.

  18. "Arno Granados" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > if this is really lance the photo didnt do him any justice.
    > >
    > > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/?id=2003/jan03/USPS_train/cnla1
    >
    > I don't see the weight gain. Perhaps I'm visually impaired, but it looks to me like Lance is
    > wearing a camelback style hydration bladder under his jersey.

    He must have a North American Masters Racers as his new coach.

    Any Masters crit rider can tell you as he's eating his 4 cheese enchiladas with rice, beans,
    guacamole and sour cream, that the surest way to achieving dizzying heights of speed and fitness is
    to acquire a "curvaceous" figure.

    That's what I did and I can beat those wannabee D3 pros all the time in the town sprints. If I
    didn't have to work all the time, I'll bet I could win a pro race here and there. Those guys are too
    skinny, they can't make any power.

  19. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On 1/31/03 10:01 AM, in article [email protected], "William Belaforous
    Kelly" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Arno Granados" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >>> if this is really lance the photo didnt do him any justice.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/?id=2003/jan03/USPS_train/cnla1
    >>
    >> I don't see the weight gain. Perhaps I'm visually impaired, but it looks to me like Lance is
    >> wearing a camelback style hydration bladder under his jersey.
    >

    > He must have a North American Masters Racers as his new coach.
    >
    > Any Masters crit rider can tell you as he's eating his 4 cheese enchiladas with rice, beans,
    > guacamole and sour cream,

    Please...............no guacamole or sour cream thank you

    I will have xtra cheese...........and you can bring me a beer when you bring my food

    Thank you