Head Sweat

StillRiding5500

Sep 21, 2004
I have found something that aleviates about 70% of the sweat I normally create, which goes right into my eyes. I am using Mitchum Un-Scented anti-perspirant gel, which I apply to my forehead area. No burning or other issues. Yes, I've tried all of the wonder headbands. This really works. Any body know of any reason that this is a bad thing to do healthwise?

Thnaks,
Loren

I started to use a bandana to cover my head and works wonders.

You will need to practice a little to wear the bandana with the right fit for you.

It will take the sweat the blurry vision and itchiness of salt falliing into your eyes...

Good idea, I just wonder about accidently rubbing your forhead and then your eyes, still no burning ? For me, my problem is I wear glasses and cant just wipe my eyes as I ride. I have to suffer or stop :-( Bandana sounds good too.

I guess I really don't rub my eyes but I don't go out of my way to avoid it either. There is no burning or any other complications when using this method. I still get some sweating from my head but it's not even close to how much I had to deal with before.

Dunleyg said:
Good idea, I just wonder about accidently rubbing your forhead and then your eyes, still no burning ? For me, my problem is I wear glasses and cant just wipe my eyes as I ride. I have to suffer or stop :-( Bandana sounds good too.

I happen to sweat a LOT from my head. Did I say a LOT? What I meant to say was, a LOT. Using a glove works, it just means that I have to do it about every 10 seconds. Have to remove my eye protection and put it back on. Gets old when you're trying to ride fast or in a pack. So I know about using gloves. And sweatbands. And the very awful looking headwraps. I have suffered with sweating for the >20 years that I have been racing/training/riding. The anti-perspirant method works for ME. Thanks for the comments, in any case.

TrekDedicated said:
I find this extremely weird. Just use your glove? That's what I do.