headache after cycling

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Cobus, Feb 8, 2003.

  1. Cobus

    Cobus Guest

    My sister in law is not a bad cyclist but is always complaining of a headache after a ride. She
    takes enough isotonic fluid during the ride, I dont think is is over/dehydration. She feels better
    after eating chips, do you think it is something to do with sodium in her blood? Thanks

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, "Harris"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Cobus" wrote:
    > > My sister in law is not a bad cyclist but is always complaining of a headache after a ride. She
    > > takes enough isotonic fluid during the ride, I dont think is is over/dehydration. She feels
    > > better after eating chips, do you think it is something to do with sodium in her blood?
    >
    > She may be straining her neck due to having the handlebars too low. A stiff neck will often result
    > is a headache. Or she may just be pushing herself too hard and/or not eating enough. A headache is
    > one of the symptoms of bonking.
    >
    > Art Harris

    Sometimes I get a bit of a headache on very sunny days when I'm headed west and the sun glares in my
    face fora long time- even sunglasses aren't enough on days like that.

  3. Robin Hubert

    Robin Hubert Guest

    "Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Cobus" wrote:
    > > My sister in law is not a bad cyclist but is always complaining of a headache after a ride. She
    > > takes enough isotonic fluid during the ride, I dont think is is over/dehydration. She feels
    > > better after eating chips, do you think it is something to do with sodium in her blood?
    >
    > She may be straining her neck due to having the handlebars too low. A
    stiff
    > neck will often result is a headache. Or she may just be pushing herself
    too
    > hard and/or not eating enough. A headache is one of the symptoms of
    bonking.

    Muscle cramping in the back of the neck is the most common cause of headache (aka "muscle tension
    headache". Periodic stretching on and off the bike will help.

    Robin Hubert

  4. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 17:06:25 GMT, "Robin Hubert" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Muscle cramping in the back of the neck is the most common cause of headache (aka "muscle tension
    >headache". Periodic stretching on and off the bike will help.

    As will a recumbent :-D

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  5. In article <[email protected]>, Just zis Guy, you know?
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 17:06:25 GMT, "Robin Hubert" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Muscle cramping in the back of the neck is the most common cause of headache (aka "muscle tension
    >>headache". Periodic stretching on and off the bike will help.
    >
    >As will a recumbent :-D

    Proper fitting DF bike also helps a lot. Excessive reach is a common problem for women on (mens)
    racing bikes.

    --Paul

  6. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 18:22:43 GMT, [email protected] (Paul Southworth) wrote:

    >>>Muscle cramping in the back of the neck is the most common cause of headache (aka "muscle tension
    >>>headache". Periodic stretching on and off the bike will help.

    >>As will a recumbent :-D

    >Proper fitting DF bike also helps a lot. Excessive reach is a common problem for women on (mens)
    >racing bikes.

    Oh don't spoil it - it's hard work being a recruiting sergeant for the Dark Side ;-)

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  7. Terry Morse

    Terry Morse Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

    > >Periodic stretching on and off the bike will help.
    >
    > As will a recumbent :-D

    But the cure's worse than the disease. ;)
    --
    terry morse

  8. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 11:42:14 -0800, Terry Morse <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> >Periodic stretching on and off the bike will help.
    >> As will a recumbent :-D
    >But the cure's worse than the disease. ;)

    Give in to the Dark Side! Wind resistance is futile!

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  9. Sometimes I get a headache when I do a lot of anaerobic efforts .