headache

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Cobus, Feb 8, 2003.

  1. Cobus

    Cobus Guest

    My sister in law is not a bad cyclist but is always complaining of a headache after a ride. She
    takes enough isotonic fluid during the ride, I dont think is is over/dehydration. She feels better
    after eating chips, do you think it is something to do with sodium in her blood? Thanks

    Tags:

  2. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On 2/8/03 5:45 AM, in article [email protected], "Cobus"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > My sister in law is not a bad cyclist but is always complaining of a headache after a ride. She
    > takes enough isotonic fluid during the ride, I dont think is is over/dehydration. She feels better
    > after eating chips, do you think it is something to do with sodium in her blood? Thanks

    She needs to get a parrot...

  3. Could be a vascular headache like a mild migraine. I get them sometimes from the lower back up
    through the neck to my head. I don't ge them often from cycling. If that's it then it could be a
    result of her position on the bike. Bike fit. Is she more upright on the bike or really bent over
    the whole ride? That used to really stress my neck and can lead to post ride migraines.

    Double strength Excedrin works best for my migraines.

    Bruce

    ps-I feel better after eating chips too. I like a banana, chips and pepsi after a ride.
    [unrelated though]
    ----------------------

    "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA6A5E8F.2563C%[email protected]...
    > On 2/8/03 5:45 AM, in article [email protected], "Cobus"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > My sister in law is not a bad cyclist but is always complaining of a headache after a ride. She
    > > takes enough isotonic fluid during the ride, I dont think is is over/dehydration. She feels
    > > better after eating chips, do you think it is something to do with sodium in her blood? Thanks
    >
    > She needs to get a parrot...

  4. Trdina

    Trdina Guest

    "Cobus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > My sister in law is not a bad cyclist but is always complaining of a headache after a ride.

    Maybe you should stop hitting on her.

  5. Two thoughts:
    1)Positioning, as previously mentioned. If she rides with her bars too low (relative to the saddle)
    she may really arch her neck. This could cause tension type headaches after a while.
    2)Is her helmet too tight? Serious question. It happens when proper fit is not considered. Mike