headache

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cobus

My sister in law is not a bad cyclist but is always complaining of a headache after a ride. She
takes enough isotonic fluid during the ride, I dont think is is over/dehydration. She feels better
after eating chips, do you think it is something to do with sodium in her blood? Thanks

On 2/8/03 5:45 AM, in article [email protected], "Cobus"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> My sister in law is not a bad cyclist but is always complaining of a headache after a ride. She
> takes enough isotonic fluid during the ride, I dont think is is over/dehydration. She feels better
> after eating chips, do you think it is something to do with sodium in her blood? Thanks

She needs to get a parrot...

Could be a vascular headache like a mild migraine. I get them sometimes from the lower back up
through the neck to my head. I don't ge them often from cycling. If that's it then it could be a
result of her position on the bike. Bike fit. Is she more upright on the bike or really bent over
the whole ride? That used to really stress my neck and can lead to post ride migraines.

Double strength Excedrin works best for my migraines.

Bruce

ps-I feel better after eating chips too. I like a banana, chips and pepsi after a ride.
[unrelated though]
----------------------

"steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA6A5E8F.2563C%[email protected]...
> On 2/8/03 5:45 AM, in article [email protected], "Cobus"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > My sister in law is not a bad cyclist but is always complaining of a headache after a ride. She
> > takes enough isotonic fluid during the ride, I dont think is is over/dehydration. She feels
> > better after eating chips, do you think it is something to do with sodium in her blood? Thanks
>
> She needs to get a parrot...

Two thoughts:
1)Positioning, as previously mentioned. If she rides with her bars too low (relative to the saddle)
she may really arch her neck. This could cause tension type headaches after a while.
2)Is her helmet too tight? Serious question. It happens when proper fit is not considered. Mike

"Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Could be a vascular headache like a mild migraine. I get them sometimes from the lower back up
> through the neck to my head. I don't ge them often from cycling. If that's it then it could be a
> result of her position on the bike. Bike fit. Is she more upright on the bike or really bent over
> the whole ride? That used to really stress my neck and can lead to post ride migraines.
>
> Double strength Excedrin works best for my migraines.
>
> Bruce
>
> ps-I feel better after eating chips too. I like a banana, chips and pepsi after a ride. [unrelated
> though]

Status
Not open for further replies.