headlight idea

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Bob Yates, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Jon Isaacs

    Jon Isaacs Guest

  2. Melisa Johns

    Melisa Johns Guest

    Nighthawk Viper is $34.99 and a Niterider Roadrat is $54.99. If you're on a budget, why not use
    these. And a good basic light is the CAteye HL-MC200 II at $21.

    And if you borrowed my Blowtorch, you would start saving your money. Generator lights are good, and
    generator hubs are popular in some parts. But why risk getting hurt because you could not see or be
    seen in the dark?

    "Bob Yates" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Found this on the web, comments?
    > http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~clock/twibright/bikelight/index.html

  3. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    Bob Yates <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Found this on the web, comments?
    > http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~clock/twibright/bikelight/index.html

    The sentence ". Do not use NiCd cells as they suffer from a memory effect which would manifest in
    this circiut" would set off alarm bells on the bikecurrent maillist (
    http://www.topica.com/lists/bikecurrent/ ). That device hasn't been discussed, but I bet there'll be
    some opinions about it if you ask there.

    Jeff

  4. Melisa Johns wrote:

    > Generator lights are good, and generator hubs are popular in some parts. But why risk getting hurt
    > because you could not see or be seen in the dark?

    If those sentences were supposed to be related, I don't see the connection. You're most likely to be
    hurt if you have no light. Generators assure that you'll always have one.

    --
    Frank Krygowski [email protected]