~ * Headline Maltese News * !

Twittering One

Guest
~ * Maltese Headlines * ~

Man, 93, and Maltese dog are reunited
By Alva James-Johnson

"Salvatore Simone survived the Spanish Influenza Pandemic, the Great
Depression, World War II, the death of most of his relatives -- even
Hurricane Wilma.

But the loss of his white, silky-haired Maltese after the storm was
almost too much for his tender, 93-year-old heart to take ..."

http://malteseonly.com/slashdot/news.php

~ * ~
Blog, I'll warrant ye, or dog? Who knows. Pass the grog!
But if ye see me lost pup, please bring that scurvy dog home!
I got Leon a brand-new bone, with a chest full a' booty.
_________________
http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo

Twittering One wrote:
> ~ * Maltese Headlines * ~
>
> Man, 93, and Maltese dog are reunited
> By Alva James-Johnson
>
> "Salvatore Simone survived the Spanish Influenza Pandemic, the Great
> Depression, World War II, the death of most of his relatives -- even
> Hurricane Wilma.
>
> But the loss of his white, silky-haired Maltese after the storm was
> almost too much for his tender, 93-year-old heart to take ..."
>
> http://malteseonly.com/slashdot/news.php
>
> ~ * ~
> Blog, I'll warrant ye, or dog? Who knows. Pass the grog!
> But if ye see me lost pup, please bring that scurvy dog home!
> I got Leon a brand-new bone, with a chest full a' booty.
> _________________
> http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo

Thanks ~Twitty~
Pass the grog.

"From train station, he disembarks, eyeing town;
Strangers mingle; one sports evening gown.

Beyond a glass, quaint jesters play charades;
He peers, whereupon his dead body laid.

>From bones to ashes Leonardo rose from coals,

Melody his libretto now for many roles."
~ Cotter

"Twittering One" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
> "From train station, he disembarks, eyeing town;
> Strangers mingle; one sports evening gown.
>
> Beyond a glass, quaint jesters play charades;
> He peers, whereupon his dead body laid.
>
> >From bones to ashes Leonardo rose from coals,

> Melody his libretto now for many roles."
> ~ Cotter

Flag with homage to the night sky. Skull Tower Idol: This freakish-looking
tower gives off a mysterious aura.

"Warhol" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Twittering One" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de

> [email protected]...
> > "From train station, he disembarks, eyeing town;
> > Strangers mingle; one sports evening gown.
> >
> > Beyond a glass, quaint jesters play charades;
> > He peers, whereupon his dead body laid.
> >
> > >From bones to ashes Leonardo rose from coals,

> > Melody his libretto now for many roles."
> > ~ Cotter
> >

> Flag with homage to the night sky. Skull Tower Idol: This freakish-looking
> tower gives off a mysterious aura.

The doppleganger of Truepenny !

"Melody his libretto now for many roles."
~ Cotter

"Flag with homage to the night sky. Skull Tower
Idol ~ This freakish ~ looking
Tower gives off a mysterious aura."
~ Warhol

"The doppleganger of Truepenny ~ !"
~ Honest John

"Dreadful,
Just deadly ghastly, not
Cricket, it's just not cricket."
~ Dr. AE

"Twittering One" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...
> "Melody his libretto now for many roles."
> ~ Cotter
>
> "Flag with homage to the night sky. Skull Tower
> Idol ~ This freakish ~ looking
> Tower gives off a mysterious aura."
> ~ Warhol
>
> "The doppleganger of Truepenny ~ !"
> ~ Honest John
>
> "Dreadful,
> Just deadly ghastly, not
> Cricket, it's just not cricket."
> ~ Dr. AE

Timeless Myths followed by traditions on the romantic story of the life of
King Arthur... the tale of "Erec and Enid"

The earliest depiction of Arthur is that of a fierce, feared warrior,
capable of tremendous prowess in hand-to-hand combat. As described by a
Welsh priest named Nennius in his Latin Historia Brittonum Arthur was
"chosen 12 times to lead the Celts, Arthur bore the image of the Virgin and
won 12 battles, the last being at Mt. Badon (Ladon Dragon), in which he
killed 960 of the enemy single-handed"

The 12 works of Heracles... the Lord of the Rings.

In a work entitled the Brut by an English priest named Layamon, Arthur is
again depicted as "a warrior, grim and fierce, an object of dread to friend
and enemy; in short, an epic hero" a fearless leader of men, capable of
legendary feats of strength and battle. As Herculis, Arthur is practically a
god... A second image of Arthur is that of a "peripheral figure whose
presence is felt mainly as a social force or arbiter of chivalric
excellence."

"Honest John" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
[email protected]...

> "Warhol" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Twittering One" <[email protected]> a crit dans le message de

> > [email protected]...
> > > "From train station, he disembarks, eyeing town;
> > > Strangers mingle; one sports evening gown.
> > >
> > > Beyond a glass, quaint jesters play charades;
> > > He peers, whereupon his dead body laid.

> > > Melody his libretto now for many roles."
> > > ~ Cotter
> > >

> > Flag with homage to the night sky. Skull Tower Idol: This

freakish-looking
> > tower gives off a mysterious aura.

> The doppleganger of Truepenny !

The King is the symbol of a wide abstraction: that of the courage, honor,
honesty, and chivalry of Camelot and the Knights of the Round Table. In Sir
Gawain and the Green Knight, we still see Arthur as fearless warrior; he is
the first to accept the Green Knight’s challenge and lay his life on the
line to defend the honor of his court.

the manner in which he becomes king is outside of his control; as a young
squire, he is asked to retrieve a sword for his knight and inadvertently
pulls the sword from the stone, fulfulling his pre-ordained fate to be King.

Well, Elvis is the King,
you know, in any case ~
Do'em good.

WHAT'S NEXT

For the Fretting Pet Owner,
A Wireless Distress Signal

By ANNE EISENBERG
July 15, 2004

IN the Walt Disney film ''The Incredible Journey,'' two dogs and a cat
are finally reunited with their owners after a long and dangerous
cross-country trip.

For many pets, there is no such happy Hollywood ending. In the United
States, only a small percentage of animals separated from their owners
are reunited, according to the American Humane Association.

But wireless technology may one day provide some help both for animals
and the humans who cherish them, whether the pets have strayed across
town or across the border.

In one emerging technology, owners can keep track of their dogs by way
of miniaturized Global Positioning System receivers and mobile modems
attached to the dogs' collars.

''If the pet leaves the yard, you'll get a call on your cellphone,
P.D.A., or any other two-way wireless device,'' said Jennifer Durst,
chief executive of GPS Tracks in Oyster Bay, N.Y., which has devised a
G.P.S.-based system called the Global Pet Finder.

Ms. Durst said the system would be on the market by the end of the year
and would fit dogs of all sizes except toy breeds. The receiver will
cost about $300 and there will be a monthly ''monitoring fee'' of about
$13, she said.

''Cats will be next year,'' she said, ''in version 2.''

People who use the new system can set the boundaries for their dogs at
a Web site or on the miniaturized device itself, specifying how far
their pets can roam. It might be a backyard, Ms. Durst said, or, if
both owner and pet are on vacation, a section of a beach, perhaps, or
the area around a motel.

Software checks the pet's position constantly, she said. When it passes
the default boundaries, an automatic alert is triggered and owners
receive a text message. ''It will say, 'Your pet has left' and send the
exact location,'' Ms. Durst said. Locations will be identified by
street name and number or, for certain cellphones, by maps.

''In rural areas with no street signs, you will be given directions
from where you are,'' Ms. Durst said. The G.P.S. receiver calculates
the position, and the coordinates are translated into a readable
position.

The system is designed for any area covered by a G.S.M. cellphone
network. Prominent in Europe and Asia, G.S.M. networks are becoming
more common in the United States, where they are used by T-Mobile and
some other providers.

Another application of wireless technology may help reunite pets with
their owners even when the animals are in another country.

Implanted microchip transponders have been used for years in the United
States and elsewhere to identify dogs, cats and other pets. The tags
include a glass-encased microchip with a unique identification number
that cannot be altered but can be read by a low-frequency radio
scanner. The number is then matched to a database to find the pet's
owner.

The problem has been that the American and overseas systems are
incompatible. So some organizations in the United States that maintain
identification databases are switching to the international system in
the hope of one day linking American pets and owners to a global
database.

The use of microchips has increased steadily, said Sue Richey, who
directs the American Kennel Club's Companion Animal Recovery program.
The program keeps a national database in Raleigh, N.C., in which people
can enroll their microchipped or tattooed pets. ''We're getting 55,000
to 70,000 animals a month,'' she said, ''with a live recovery every
eight minutes 24/7.''

Right now, most pet microchips and scanners used in the United States
operate on a radio frequency of 125 kilohertz. But the chips used in
much of the rest of the world operate at an international standard of
134.2 kilohertz, Ms. Richey said.

That disparity can lead to problems when, for example, an American
loses a pet while traveling in a foreign country. ''Their scanners
can't read our chips,'' said John Snyder, director of companion animals
for the Humane Society of the United States, in Washington.

Several groups have already begun using the 134.2 kilohertz chip,
including the Oregon Humane Society in Portland, which started
implanting them in January, said Sharon Harmon, executive director of
the society.

But many shelters do not have scanners that can read the new chips.
''It's not a good thing if we don't have the scanners in place,'' Mr.
Snyder said, ''because animals are being missed.''

Scanners that can read both kinds of chips will be needed, said Jodi
Buckman, director of animal programs for the American Humane
Association in Denver. ''It's a mistake to have a technology used only
in the U.S.,'' she said. ''One worldwide standard will provide the
ultimate protection for pets.''

Pet chips of the future may be different in other ways, too. For one
thing, they may be updatable. At this point information on the
microchips cannot be changed, meaning that new developments in a
medical history, for example, can't be added.

But Walt Ingwersen, a veterinarian in Whitby, Ontario, who has served
as chairman of the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association's microchip
committee, said that smarter, read-write chips are on the way. Dr.
Ingwersen is now a member of a technical committee that is developing
international standards for the advanced transponders. ''The animal's
ID number will remain the same on the chip,'' he said, ''but the
contents will be updatable.''

Sue Sternberg, a shelter owner and dog trainer in Accord, N.Y., said
she welcomed G.P.S.-based tracking devices and implanted microchips.

''We get a dog sometimes and we know it is a beloved pet that has
traveled a long distance,'' she said. ''In that case, a microchip would
be a great thing.''

Norma Bennett Woolf, editor of Dog Owner's Guide, an online magazine,
agreed. ''Too many owners are heartbroken at the loss of their pets,''
she said. ''Technology has a lot of potential here to get dogs home to
their families.''

http://tech2.nytimes.com/mem/techno...B63&n=Top/News/Technology/Columns/What's Next

".............................................. Allo ~ ?
O,

LEONARDO ~ !

Where RU ~ ?

Folly,
Guess who ..."
~ Twittering

"Who ~ ?
Tell me. Tell me. Tell me. Tell me. Tell me.
Twittering,

TELL ME ~ !"
~ Folly

"The Opera ...

Uh huh. Uh huh. Uh huh.
No. Yes. Of course, mon coeur ~ !

With Oprah,
Really ~ ?

Wow. Kewl.

Folly says,
Hey.

Love you, too.
Will do.

Yes. Um huh. Um huh. Uh Uh.
Okay. I promise. You, too.

* kiss kiss *"
~ Twittering

~ * ~

"It is extremely amusing to witness
The courtship of the Canada Goose in all its stages ..."

~ John J. Audubon's Guide,
>From "The Birds of the Northeast"

[p. 190]

"It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken."
~ Frank Perdue

"From the herbarium I wandered upstairs into the William D. Rondina
and Giovanni Foroni LoFaro Gallery, where there is (through Jan. 22) a
luxurious show about the French botanical illustrator Pierre-Joseph
Redouté. Redouté, who inspired Audubon, learned from Dutch still life
artists, and was the draftsman to Marie Antoinette.

He produced books of roses and lilies from Empress Joséphine's
Château Malmaison that are among the greatest of all botanical
illustrations. Many of these come from the library's own rare book
collection.

The garden's library is one of the best in the world. I found David
Andrews seated at a table in it, perusing some old books he had just
donated. True collectors, at heart, are the same, whether they obsess
about Picassos or roses or light bulbs."

~ * ~

December 30, 2005
Critic's Notebook
Where the Art Grows on Trees (and Everywhere Else)
By Michael Kimmelman

~ * ~

!BEWARE!

Sign
Says ~

~ * ~
~ * ~ A Sign, A Boarded Shingle
Hung Out TO Dry ~ * ~

! * ! Strung Out, Full Spectrum, Solar
Powered Luminescence ~ !
~ * Rope Lights & Emerald
Greens ~

New Technology Save Hundreds Energy
Quality, Beauty, Durability, Price ~ !

String, a theory, links emerald green putting links
Down an alley of spruce, cedar, redwood,
Sinks

A Pinecone Hole in One,
At The Olmstead Country Clube ~

!Ka ~ Plunk ~ !

www.1000Bulbs.com

Or goggle over 1000 tulip bulbs
Blooming daffy daffodils ...

Bring Doggles, too ~ !
~ * ~ ~ ~
Yes ~
A Morning Wood Roadside Semi ~ OTIC
* Dogging Arts * Fogging Minds * It's a Star *
*
~ * ~