Heads Up: 30% of Ortleib Gear (panniers/bags/handbar bags) in Sydney

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Kingsley, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingsley

Kingsley Guest

Was in "Activ8"(?) today (Opposite Paddy Pallin, Kent St, Sydney)

All their Ortlieb gear is at 30% off, including a good selection of dry bags, panniers, handlebar
    bags, and other stuff.

They also have other Bicycle gear like MTB shorts etc. I don't remember if these were on
    sale or not.

They have a Birdy decked out with full panniers atop their stairs, it looks pretty cool.

-kt

PS> I'm not sure about the name of the place, I thought it was
    Activ8 - but I looked that up in the white pages and got no listing, so I don't know what's going
    on. Might go check tomorrow.

--
    Kingsley Turner, (mailto: [email protected]) http://MadDogsBreakfast.com/ABFAQ -
    news:aus.bicycle Frequenly Asked Questions

Tags:

2. Andrew Swan

Andrew Swan Guest

kingsley wrote:
    > Was in "Activ8"(?) today (Opposite Paddy Pallin, Kent St, Sydney)
    >
    > All their Ortlieb gear is at 30% off, including a good selection of dry bags, panniers, handlebar
    > bags, and other stuff.
    >
    > They also have other Bicycle gear like MTB shorts etc. I don't remember if these were on
    > sale or not.
    >
    > They have a Birdy decked out with full panniers atop their stairs, it looks pretty cool.
    >
    > -kt
    >
    > PS> I'm not sure about the name of the place, I thought it was
    > Activ8 - but I looked that up in the white pages and got no listing, so I don't know what's going
    > on. Might go check tomorrow.
    >
    There's an Aktiv8 on Oxford St in Bondi Junction that sells that kind of gear as well - not sure if
    it's on sale tho.

&roo

3. waffle

waffle New Member

australian sporting goods retailer reduces retail price by 30%. I guess that means it's still 30-50% more expensive than buying the same stuff from a US online retailer. Anyway, that's beside the point - we're talking Ortlieb here - nice product but prohibitively expensive.

4. Euan B Uk

Euan B Uk Guest

>>>>> "waffle" == waffle <[email protected]> writes:

waffle> australian sporting goods retailer reduces retail price by 30%. I guess that means it's
    waffle> still 30-50% more expensive than buying the same stuff from a US online retailer.
    waffle> Anyway, that's beside the point - we're talking Ortlieb here - nice product but
    waffle> prohibitively expensive.

Depends on your usage. I use mine every working day, to get anything less durable or less water
    proof just wouldn't make any sense.

--
    Cheers Euan

waffle> --

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.