Heads Up: 30% of Ortleib Gear (panniers/bags/handbar bags) in Sydney

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Kingsley, Jan 22, 2004.

  1. Kingsley

    Kingsley Guest

    Was in "Activ8"(?) today (Opposite Paddy Pallin, Kent St, Sydney)

    All their Ortlieb gear is at 30% off, including a good selection of dry bags, panniers, handlebar
    bags, and other stuff.

    They also have other Bicycle gear like MTB shorts etc. I don't remember if these were on
    sale or not.

    They have a Birdy decked out with full panniers atop their stairs, it looks pretty cool.

    -kt

    PS> I'm not sure about the name of the place, I thought it was
    Activ8 - but I looked that up in the white pages and got no listing, so I don't know what's going
    on. Might go check tomorrow.

    --
    Kingsley Turner, (mailto: [email protected]) http://MadDogsBreakfast.com/ABFAQ -
    news:aus.bicycle Frequenly Asked Questions

    Tags:

  2. Andrew Swan

    Andrew Swan Guest

    kingsley wrote:
    > Was in "Activ8"(?) today (Opposite Paddy Pallin, Kent St, Sydney)
    >
    > All their Ortlieb gear is at 30% off, including a good selection of dry bags, panniers, handlebar
    > bags, and other stuff.
    >
    > They also have other Bicycle gear like MTB shorts etc. I don't remember if these were on
    > sale or not.
    >
    > They have a Birdy decked out with full panniers atop their stairs, it looks pretty cool.
    >
    > -kt
    >
    > PS> I'm not sure about the name of the place, I thought it was
    > Activ8 - but I looked that up in the white pages and got no listing, so I don't know what's going
    > on. Might go check tomorrow.

    There's an Aktiv8 on Oxford St in Bondi Junction that sells that kind of gear as well - not sure if
    it's on sale tho.

    &roo

  3. waffle

    waffle New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2003
    australian sporting goods retailer reduces retail price by 30%. I guess that means it's still 30-50% more expensive than buying the same stuff from a US online retailer. Anyway, that's beside the point - we're talking Ortlieb here - nice product but prohibitively expensive.

  4. Euan B Uk

    Euan B Uk Guest

    waffle> australian sporting goods retailer reduces retail price by 30%. I guess that means it's
    waffle> still 30-50% more expensive than buying the same stuff from a US online retailer.
    waffle> Anyway, that's beside the point - we're talking Ortlieb here - nice product but
    waffle> prohibitively expensive.

    Depends on your usage. I use mine every working day, to get anything less durable or less water
    proof just wouldn't make any sense.

    --
    Cheers Euan

    waffle> --