Heads Up - Graeme Obree BBC1

Andrew Moray

Guest
Apologies if this has been posted already.

Full Cycle - the Graeme Obree Story
BBC1 Feb 8th 10:35

Mentioned in an article in The Herald's supplement today, print version
only I'm afraid.

--
"Whit's fur yi, will no' go by yi"

Andrew Moray <[email protected]> wrote in news:MvdJd.1268$EV1.911
@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net:

> Apologies if this has been posted already.
>
> Full Cycle - the Graeme Obree Story
> BBC1 Feb 8th 10:35
>
> Mentioned in an article in The Herald's supplement today, print version
> only I'm afraid.

time should read 10:35pm, but I'm sure you guessed that :)

--
"Whit's fur yi, will no' go by yi"

Andrew Moray wrote:
> Andrew Moray <[email protected]> wrote in news:MvdJd.1268$EV1.911
> @newsfe5-gui.ntli.net:
>

>>Apologies if this has been posted already.
>>
>>Full Cycle - the Graeme Obree Story
>>BBC1 Feb 8th 10:35
>>
>>Mentioned in an article in The Herald's supplement today, print version
>>only I'm afraid.
>>

> time should read 10:35pm, but I'm sure you guessed that :)

I heard that its only BBC Scotland - which is available on Sky Digital
in England

MSeries wrote:

> BBC Scotland - which is available on Sky Digital
> in England

Well, that's a bit dumb. It should be available on freeview!

Simonb wrote:
> MSeries wrote:
>

>>BBC Scotland - which is available on Sky Digital
>>in England

> Well, that's a bit dumb. It should be available on freeview!

I have no idea what is available of Freeview. Whats dumb about it being
available on Satellite to the whole of the Nation ? Or are you saying
its dumb showing the documentary only n BBC 1 in Scotland and not all
BBC 1s ? They, the BBC, probably think English people are not interested
in anything Scottish.

NB I may be wrong about the show being only one BBC 1 in Scotland BTW.

MSeries wrote:

> I have no idea what is available of Freeview. Whats dumb about it
> being available on Satellite to the whole of the Nation ? Or are you
> saying its dumb showing the documentary only n BBC 1 in Scotland and
> not all BBC 1s ? They, the BBC, probably think English people are not
> interested in anything Scottish.

I mean that BBC Scotland should be available on freeview, as opposed to Sky
Digital.

In message <[email protected]>, Simonb
<[email protected]> writes
>MSeries wrote:
>
>> BBC Scotland - which is available on Sky Digital
>> in England

>Well, that's a bit dumb. It should be available on freeview!

No, I assure you it will have sound.
--
Bob Downie
Downie GeoScience Ltd.

MSeries wrote:

> I have no idea what is available of Freeview. Whats dumb about it
> being available on Satellite to the whole of the Nation ? Or are
> you saying its dumb showing the documentary only n BBC 1 in Scotland
> and not all BBC 1s ? They, the BBC, probably think English people
> are not interested in anything Scottish.

Graeme has many admirers south of the border. His story is remarkable
enough to fascinate anyone whether Scots or not, whether a cyclist or
not. For non-cyclists, too, a glimpse into the bizarre world of the UCI
should make compelling television.

--
Dave...

Simonb wrote:
> MSeries wrote:
>

>>I have no idea what is available of Freeview. Whats dumb about it
>>being available on Satellite to the whole of the Nation ? Or are you
>>saying its dumb showing the documentary only n BBC 1 in Scotland and
>>not all BBC 1s ? They, the BBC, probably think English people are not
>>interested in anything Scottish.

> I mean that BBC Scotland should be available on freeview, as opposed to Sky
> Digital.

I see.

MSeries <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Andrew Moray wrote:
>> Andrew Moray <[email protected]> wrote in
>> news:MvdJd.1268$EV1.911 @newsfe5-gui.ntli.net:
>>

>>>Apologies if this has been posted already.
>>>
>>>Full Cycle - the Graeme Obree Story
>>>BBC1 Feb 8th 10:35
>>>
>>>Mentioned in an article in The Herald's supplement today, print
>>>version only I'm afraid.

>> time should read 10:35pm, but I'm sure you guessed that :)
>>

> I heard that its only BBC Scotland - which is available on Sky Digital
> in England

Article just said, BBC1, imdb tv guide is only showing to the 7th, maybe
worth checking tomorrow - http://uk.imdb.com/uktv

HTH

--
"Whit's fur yi, will no' go by yi"

Simonb wrote:

> MSeries wrote:
>

>>BBC Scotland - which is available on Sky Digital
>>in England

> Well, that's a bit dumb. It should be available on freeview!

It is on FTA Satellite.
All the best
Dan Gregory

On 25 Jan 2005 04:01:42 -0800, "dkahn400" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>MSeries wrote:
>
>> I have no idea what is available of Freeview. Whats dumb about it
>> being available on Satellite to the whole of the Nation ? Or are
>> you saying its dumb showing the documentary only n BBC 1 in Scotland
>> and not all BBC 1s ? They, the BBC, probably think English people
>> are not interested in anything Scottish.

>Graeme has many admirers south of the border. His story is remarkable
>enough to fascinate anyone whether Scots or not, whether a cyclist or
>not. For non-cyclists, too, a glimpse into the bizarre world of the UCI
>should make compelling television.

Yes, I think that's absolutely right, I'm not into sports cycling at
al[yawn]l, but his story is as interesting in it's human struggle as
it is in his cycling achievements.

Shame, I read his book and enjoyed it, I'd have watched the program
too.

Still, might drift south in time.

Garry

Pun Krocker <[email protected]> wrote in news:ct6725$9e$1
@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk:

> On this day, 24/01/2005 21:11, Andrew Moray said the following:
>> Apologies if this has been posted already.
>>
>> Full Cycle - the Graeme Obree Story
>> BBC1 Feb 8th 10:35

> Thanks for that, I do not watch television very often and would have
> missed this program about a good old mate of mine ;-)
>
> Again many thanks.
>
> Robert

You're welcome, glad it may be of use.

Appears to be BBC Scotland only - http://uk.imdb.com/uktv,

BBC1 is showing "Soldier, Husband, Daughter, Dad" as being scheduled for
22:35

--
"Whit's fur yi, will no' go by yi"

"Helen C Simmons" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "Andrew Moray" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>> Appears to be BBC Scotland only - http://uk.imdb.com/uktv,
>>
>> BBC1 is showing "Soldier, Husband, Daughter, Dad" as
>> being scheduled for 22:35
>>

> BAH!
>
> I'd much rather see Graham Obree!
>
> Cheers, helen s

Doh! Disappointed.

Someone please hijack QVC's Freeview channel &
re-broadcast the Obree prog. C'mon, I know there are
some hardcore techies here at u.r.c :) Non-violent
protest at its finest!

--
Chris Bardell
[Remove favourite mode of transport from email address]

"Pete Biggs" <pwrinkledgrape{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> In the unlikely event that fails, could we organise a video ring: a Pass
> the VHS-Parcel?
>
> ~PB

Now that would be appreciated!

Cheers, helen s

Helen C Simmons wrote:
> "Pete Biggs" <pwrinkledgrape{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>>In the unlikely event that fails, could we organise a video ring: a Pass
>>the VHS-Parcel?
>>
>>~PB
>>

> Now that would be appreciated!
>
> Cheers, helen s

BBC Scotland is in Sky channel 961, I have 'booked' our equipment with
Mrs M and I'll try to remember to video it. Hopefully someone in
Scotland will too.

MSeries <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Helen C Simmons wrote:
>> "Pete Biggs" <pwrinkledgrape{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>

>>>In the unlikely event that fails, could we organise a video ring: a
>>>Pass the VHS-Parcel?
>>>
>>>~PB
>>>

>> Now that would be appreciated!
>>
>> Cheers, helen s
>>

> BBC Scotland is in Sky channel 961, I have 'booked' our equipment with
> Mrs M and I'll try to remember to video it. Hopefully someone in
> Scotland will too.

Pass-the-parcel sounds excellent. If we do it, please put me on the
list.

Just remembered I have a mate who has the Sky rig; I'll see if she can
tape it for me, too.

Still reckon the QVC idea's a goer, tho ;-)