HEADS UP! Hostelshoppe spams

"Wile E.Coyote" skrev...
> Memorial Day is almost upon us, the day all Americans thank the lord we are not the French, Danes,
> Dutch, Polish, Italians, Greek etc.

That would be the Indians that give thanks? ;-) (no not the ones actually from India)

M.

> While we're on the subject. Paypal apparently shares your adress with junkmailers. They are the
> only american company I gave my adress and now I'm getting all those fun offers of
> subscriptions etc.
>
> Sometimes you americans can be really annoying. ;o)

Before it was bought by E-Bay, Paypal was started as a Joint Venture between Nokia and Deutsche
Bank. Doesn't sound very American to me.

- Bellaire, TX USA -

"Wile E.Coyote" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Interesting thread on Dane Bashing....though I can not see it going beyond the only 2 things
> Americans know about Denmark Re: sticky buns and really big dogs.

If you are referring to Great Danes(dogs, not Victor Borge), the breed is in fact from
German ancestry.

rorschandt
--
<A HREF="mailto:postmaster@[127.0.0.1]"

> Memorial Day is almost upon us, the day all Americans thank the lord we are not the French, Danes,
> Dutch, Polish, Italians, Greek etc.

I believe the holiday for giving thanks is in November. Memorial Day is the day we remember all
those that gave their lives so that the French, Danes, Dutch, Polish, Italians, and Greek etc. are
still French, Danes, Dutch, Polish, Italians, and Greek etc.

And while I am on the topic, there are a few fiends that did not come back from VietNam with me that
I'll be remembering too. The 'Boy Named Sioux' taught me a lot about how to remember 'properly'.
Time to dust off that bottle of Tequila... Maybe I still have a little Slivovice left over from my
tour of the Czech Republic.

- Bellaire, TX USA -

"rorschandt" skrev

> > Interesting thread on Dane Bashing....though I can not see it going beyond the only 2 things
> > Americans know about Denmark Re: sticky buns and really big dogs.
>
> If you are referring to Great Danes(dogs, not Victor Borge), the breed is in fact from German
> ancestry.

Ah, the plot thickens. Both the rolls, the dogs and Paypal are in fact from Germany. Conspiracy
theories anyone? :)

M.

how to you think this got to be the richest country in the world, ingenuity and ambition!

Mikael Seierup wrote:
> While we're on the subject. Paypal apparently shares your adress with junkmailers. They are the
> only american company I gave my adress and now I'm getting all those fun offers of
> subscriptions etc.
>
> Sometimes you americans can be really annoying. ;o)
>
> M.

order something expensive from the hostel shoppe to make up for it, remember, it's hostel, not
hostile shoppe!

Joao de Souza wrote:

> I wrote:
>

> (clip-O-rama)
>
> I just wanted to apologized to Hostelshope for my previous post. I was very tired last night when
> I checked my email logs, and completely forgot that recently I did use the spamtrap address on
> their "for sale" board, thus making it publicly available. So there is a good chance that a
> spammer's web crawling program may have fished it from there.
>
> And let this be a lesson folks. Don't post when you're tired and grumpy at the end of a
> stressful day!
>
> Cheers.

"Cletus D. Lee" skrev

> > Memorial Day is almost upon us, the day all Americans thank the lord we are not the French,
> > Danes, Dutch, Polish, Italians, Greek etc.
> >
> I believe the holiday for giving thanks is in November. Memorial Day is the day we remember all
> those that gave their lives so that the French, Danes, Dutch, Polish, Italians, and Greek etc. are
> still French, Danes, Dutch, Polish, Italians, and Greek etc.

Unless I'm much mistaken he was humorously referring to the fact that all you americans are in fact
French, Danes... yada, yada if you go a few generations back.

the current consipiracy theory Mikael is that like in the movie "JFK" there was really a second
spammer on the grassy knoll with a wireless Nokia phone, picture version no less...

Mikael Seierup wrote:
> "rorschandt" skrev
>

>>>Interesting thread on Dane Bashing....though I can not see it going beyond the only 2 things
>>>Americans know about Denmark Re: sticky buns and really big dogs.
>>
>>If you are referring to Great Danes(dogs, not Victor Borge), the breed is in fact from German
>>ancestry.
>

> Ah, the plot thickens. Both the rolls, the dogs and Paypal are in fact from Germany. Conspiracy
> theories anyone? :)
>
> M.

Good try Mikael, but no. I meant in my convoluted way that as Americans we have not fallen (as a
nation) in war, as have the French, Dutch, Danes, Poles, Italians etc. Alcohol and I do not get
along and so Memorial Day is the only day each year that I will toss back a Schlitz while thinking
of all who have been removed from my xmas card mailing list from 1967->1969.

Doug Huffman wrote:
> If 'the Internet' is the World Wide Web

It isn't :)