headset for time millenium carbon stiff fork!!!!!!!1

The Power

Jun 9, 2004
Does anyone know which headset can be used for the time millenium carbon stiff fork. Ive jsut tried to change the fork from a steel fork and the current headset will not take the steerer. It is the 1" steerer.

Any help on this guys would be great.

Originally posted by The Power
Does anyone know which headset can be used for the time millenium carbon stiff fork. Ive jsut tried to change the fork from a steel fork and the current headset will not take the steerer. It is the 1" steerer.

Any help on this guys would be great.
I honestly don't understand the question.The Time fork does not take a specific HS. Assuming the same steerer type(threaded or threaded), and same steerer diameter for both forks, it should work.

Originally posted by boudreaux
I honestly don't understand the question.The Time fork does not take a specific HS. Assuming the same steerer type(threaded or threaded), and same steerer diameter for both forks, it should work.

They are the same type of steerer. Around the bottom of the steerer it becomes slightly wider at the joint. Its about an inch high. Just a fraction of a mm wider. I thought it would just slide on through. Does it just need a bit of force or filling down a little. I dont understand why it doesnt go in either to be faire.

They are the same type of steerer. Around the bottom of the steerer it becomes slightly wider at the joint. Its about an inch high. Just a fraction of a mm wider. I thought it would just slide on through. Does it just need a bit of force or filling down a little. I dont understand why it doesnt go in either to be faire.
Still not sure where you are coming from,but the crown race is supposed to be a tight fit.If you don't know what you are doing,take it to a LBS,otherwise you can bugger the fork.

there are tools for setting the crown race (slide hammer) or it is possible to do using a punch and hammer. some forks are tighter fit than others and it can take considerable force.

if you're not sure about what you're doing, i'd second boudreaux's suggestion of taking it to the LBS.

Originally posted by drewski
there are tools for setting the crown race (slide hammer) or it is possible to do using a punch and hammer. some forks are tighter fit than others and it can take considerable force.

if you're not sure about what you're doing, i'd second boudreaux's suggestion of taking it to the LBS.
Ive sorted it thanks for all your help guys. And yes the STIFF means STIFF. A positively rigid ride and the front end is so much more responsive than any other carbon fork i have ridden.