headset Intergrated replacement with non

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Philthy

Hi, I''m doing a rebuild at the mo. Only thing about the frame I don't like is it's got an
intergrated headset, well i thinks it's an intergrated it has low level cups in the tube so it could
be a Zero stack headset (OEM manufactured for Cane Creek by Zoom YUK..) Anyway I want this out & a
decent A-headset installed. Since I don't have the tools for this (Headset press I think it is?) I
was gonna take it to the LBS. Anyway so I like to know the process so I know whether I'm being
ripped off on the price for the work. Is it just a case of removing the integated cups (For it is
this type!) & pressing in a new headset or will they need to do any facing, the frame is in
excellent condition. OR could i do this myself?? Also will the height of the new headset make my
steerer tube too short now (More expense :-( Thanks Phil

Philthy <[email protected]> wrote:
: Is it just a case of removing the integated cups (For it is this type!) & pressing in a new
: headset or will they need to do any facing, the frame is in excellent condition. OR could i do
: this myself??

You can't really do this at all I'm afraid, so you'll just have to live with the integrated headset.

Arthur

Status
Not open for further replies.