Headsets

Openworld

Guest
When sprinting out of the saddle, is it not beneficial to lockout your headset. If so why dont they-
if not why not? Thanks

In article <[email protected]>, "Openworld" <[email protected]> wrote:

> When sprinting out of the saddle, is it not beneficial to lockout your headset. If so why dont
> they- if not why not? Thanks

Lock out your headset!?!? They don't, because it is not beneficial to fall down.

If you locked out your headset, by which I assume you mean to lock the steering in a straight
position, you would make it extremely hard to keep the bike on track, since you wouldn't be able
to steer it.

As for the "benefits", this could be tested by seeing if your power output goes up on a stationary
bicycle as opposed to a regular bicycle on the road. Of course, you would still have to figure out a
way around the "not crashing because you can't steer" problem.

In article <[email protected]>, Openworld <[email protected]> wrote:
>When sprinting out of the saddle, is it not beneficial to lockout your headset. If so why dont
>they- if not why not?

This sounds like a terrible idea. Why do you assume it would help anything? I think you'd end up in
the ditch in a hurry.

--Paul

"Openworld" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> When sprinting out of the saddle, is it not beneficial to lockout your headset. If so why dont
> they- if not why not? Thanks

Because "they" aren't insane. No steering.

Whitfit.