General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Heal pain and heelseats

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 3 posts · 632 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
23 November 2007
Last activity
26 November 2007
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
632
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Has any used these heal seats from http://heelseats.com/index.php,
    and do they really work.
    I had problems a while back, but wearing arch suports from the foot
    doctor and in time the problems went away.
    Recenty I started a job through a temp agencey reading meters, and my
    heels have started bothering me.
    I think it might be plantar fascitis.
    I dont have health insurance, so can not see a doctor at this time.
    I would like to rid of this pain, and get in shape so I might get
    hired full time by the electric co.
    Yes I have gained some wieght also, and am trying to take that off
    too.

    I did go from my old work boots to these DR scholl's walking shoe,
    http://www.shoes.com/stores/drscholls/product.asp?p=1007072%7EDr+Scholl%27s+Collection%7Ccore%7Cmens%7CTXTraction&sc=DRSCH%5FCORE%5FRESULTS%5FMENS%5FTX&variant_id=26358
    and it has helped some.
    I strech out my foot, where you lean against something and extend your
    leg back and try to place your foot flat on the ground.
    This helps a lot, but its still hard on me, by the end of the day.
    I have also been wearing my shoes even in the house.
    Anything else I can do, As I really do not want to give up this job.
    Thanks, Tony

  2. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Does a "foot Dr" even go to college? Or is it a "by mail" degree? I
    cannot
    fathom any idiot telling you this. That's like saying "to get off
    crutches
    you must rest your foot... by using the crutches more." Even if valid,
    that
    advice would only be as good as the shoes you wore. But barefoot, or
    as
    close as possible to it, is the goal to healthy feet.

    As long as the fascia is [censored] and giving pain you need to give it
    time to heal and that means stay the hell off it and YES, stuff your
    feet into something with arches to allow it to heal even if taking a
    [censored] in the middle of the night. After the problem goes away you can
    THEN take action to strengthen that area and barefoot is one but not the
    only way.

    To suggest that one go barefoot while the problem still exits, is some
    of your worst advice(you're worse with shoes if that is possible) along
    with your disparaging advice about Foot doc's - some are good, and like
    any profession, some are bad. This is especially true of Chiro's who
    more often stray a long way from their training.

    -DF

  3. "Doug Freese" <[email hidden]> wrote in news:474aaedd$0$28878
    [email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:


    As long as the fascia is [censored] and giving pain you need to give


    it

    Quoted message said:

    time to heal and that means stay the hell off it and YES, stuff your
    feet into something with arches to allow it to heal even if taking a
    [censored] in the middle of the night. After the problem goes away you can
    THEN take action to strengthen that area and barefoot is one but not


    the

    Quoted message said:

    only way.

    It's not the only way, but it is the only way that works.

    Quoted message said:

    To suggest that one go barefoot while the problem still exits, is some
    of your worst advice(you're worse with shoes if that is possible)

    "exits"??? Listening to people who sign their posts "DF" is surely worse
    advice.

    Quoted message said:

    along
    with your disparaging advice about Foot doc's - some are good, and


    like

    Quoted message said:

    any profession, some are bad. This is especially true of Chiro's who
    more often stray a long way from their training.

    -DF

    I guess the point the DF is evading is that at least chiros HAVE
    training, whereas foot Dr's are nothing but bonafide quacks with a
    shoehorn and an online degree from Al Bundy University".

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.