health insurance

ashtoncrook

Sep 5, 2005
anybody thought of this? well i've been thinking of getting one this March. what are you guys using (USA)? Any suggestion will be appreaciated. thanks.

ashton

I'd never even consider going without health insurance. It's just not worth the risk. Healthcare is astronomically expensive. There are so many things that can very easily cost you a fortune, especially when you're active (cycling, etc.). I've had some major medical/health expenses this year - I'd be broke, or more likely in the red, if it weren't for my health insurance. Once you've got medical insurance, hold on to it, because it can be difficult to reinstate coverage if you let it go. The three most common providers in my area are Blue Shield, Blue Cross, and Kaiser-Permanente. There are probably other major companies outside of California

i recently checked out some quotes at www.oneshopinsurance.com i'm just going to see who's going to give an affordable cost with valuable premiums. and check on what coverages will they cover. i'll check on the companies you suggested. thanks bro.

ashton

ashtoncrook said:
i recently checked out some quotes at www.oneshopinsurance.com i'm just going to see who's going to give an affordable cost with valuable premiums. and check on what coverages will they cover. i'll check on the companies you suggested. thanks bro.

ashton

Something I know about .....insurance. As you get older the need for coverage becomes more urgent.
If you are worried about cost ,as everyone is, and have to carry the burden yourself I would suggest looking at a high deductible and a plan without a drug card.
If you are young you can get a signifigant break by doing these thing and still be covered in case of a catasthrophic situation.
Drug costs have surpassed major medical so companies can offer a good discount by excludung the drug card or find a plan with a co-pay on drugs, if you feel the need for the coverage.
A $5000 deductilbe could reduce your premium compared to a $1000 deductible and would still afford you coverage if you say had to have a $50,000 ACL surgery.
Just be careful not to get a high "out of pocket" aggregate.