Healthnet Just Like Postal or Noble House?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Fab5freddy, Feb 14, 2003.

  1. Fab5freddy

    Fab5freddy Guest

    First, the owner lost a billion dollars on the .com bubble:
    http://www.fortune.com/fortune/investing/articles/0,15114,370546,00.html

    I know this bargain basement Thomas Weisel wannabe has some money, but you think they really pay
    some of those guys an actual salary for getting so many 19th places in obscure races?
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/?id=2003/healthnetpres

    Then this: http://www.mosportsgroup.com/health_net_team_bios.html One guy has Danielsons result on
    his own resume? Is that normal? Then they have "Bob Hooks Formerly Alto Velo: Elite level rider for
    five years. Sprinting capabilities unrivaled in Northern California road racing circuit."

    If he has no rivals why no actual wins? Weird. Sure he's a good rider but he's getting paid a salary
    for 12th places at norcal races?

    Sayers, Price will get some results, and probably the Belarus guys don't want to go back
    there....but if they have all this money why not sign some more real pros?

    Tags:

  2. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Fab5Freddy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > First, the owner lost a billion dollars on the .com bubble:
    > http://www.fortune.com/fortune/investing/articles/0,15114,370546,00.html
    >
    > I know this bargain basement Thomas Weisel wannabe has some money, but you think they really pay
    > some of those guys an actual salary for getting so many 19th places in obscure races?
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/?id=2003/healthnetpres

    Why do you never have anything good to say except to denigrate the sport Mr./Ms. Anonymous?

    If you're so perfect and such a know-it-all why don't you do one good thing in your life and help.

    > Then this: http://www.mosportsgroup.com/health_net_team_bios.html One guy has Danielsons result on
    > his own resume? Is that normal? Then they have "Bob Hooks Formerly Alto Velo: Elite level rider
    > for five years. Sprinting capabilities unrivaled in Northern California road racing circuit."
    >
    > If he has no rivals why no actual wins? Weird. Sure he's a good rider but he's getting paid a
    > salary for 12th places at norcal races?
    >
    > Sayers, Price will get some results, and probably the Belarus guys don't want to go back
    > there....but if they have all this money why not sign some more real pros?

  3. Maybe I should join? I've found that, since I've put on a bit of weight in my post-racing lifetime,
    I've filled that air pocket that normally forms up front and can descend a lot faster!

    "Fab5Freddy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > First, the owner lost a billion dollars on the .com bubble:
    > http://www.fortune.com/fortune/investing/articles/0,15114,370546,00.html
    >
    > I know this bargain basement Thomas Weisel wannabe has some money, but you think they really pay
    > some of those guys an actual salary for getting so many 19th places in obscure races?
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/?id=2003/healthnetpres
    >
    > Then this: http://www.mosportsgroup.com/health_net_team_bios.html One guy has Danielsons result on
    > his own resume? Is that normal? Then they have "Bob Hooks Formerly Alto Velo: Elite level rider
    > for five years. Sprinting capabilities unrivaled in Northern California road racing circuit."
    >
    > If he has no rivals why no actual wins? Weird. Sure he's a good rider but he's getting paid a
    > salary for 12th places at norcal races?
    >
    > Sayers, Price will get some results, and probably the Belarus guys don't want to go back
    > there....but if they have all this money why not sign some more real pros?

  4. Re: Healthnet Just Like Postal or Noble House? "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:BA726636.2A3EE%[email protected]... On 2/14/03 8:45 AM, in article
    [email protected], "Fab5Freddy" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Bob Hooks Formerly Alto Velo: Elite level rider for five years. Sprinting
    capabilities
    >unrivaled in Northern California road racing circuit. Several NRC criterium
    results.

    <lamo results snipped>

    That Hooks character is a funny guy.

    He should be introduced to Chris Daggs. Those two guys are Forces to be Reckoned With.

    K. Gringioni never was A Force

  5. Steve

    Steve Guest

    --B_3128059447_28806459 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > First, the owner lost a billion dollars on the .com bubble:
    > http://www.fortune.com/fortune/investing/articles/0,15114,370546,00.html
    >
    > I know this bargain basement Thomas Weisel wannabe has some money, but you think they really pay
    > some of those guys an actual salary for getting so many 19th places in obscure races?
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/?id=2003/healthnetpres
    >
    > Then this: http://www.mosportsgroup.com/health_net_team_bios.html One guy has Danielsons result on
    > his own resume? Is that normal? Then they have "Bob Hooks Formerly Alto Velo: Elite level rider
    > for five years. Sprinting capabilities unrivaled in Northern California road racing circuit."
    >
    > If he has no rivals why no actual wins? Weird. Sure he's a good rider but he's getting paid a
    > salary for 12th places at norcal races?
    >
    > Sayers, Price will get some results, and probably the Belarus guys don't want to go back
    > there....but if they have all this money why not sign some more real pros?

    Bob Hooks Formerly Alto Velo: Elite level rider for five years. Sprinting capabilities unrivaled in
    Northern California road racing circuit. Several NRC criterium results.

    2002

    * 12th Solano Stage Race, Stage #3, NRC Criterium
    * 16th Visalia NRC Criterium
    * 23rd McClane Pacific Downtown Grand Prix, NRC Criterium
    * 20th McClane Pacific NRC Road Race
    * 11th Santa Cruz Fat Masters Criterium
    * 7th Overall, Madera Stage Race
    * 15th Snelling Road Race
    * 7th Dinuba Criterium

    2001

    * 6th Dinuba Criterium
    * 16th Snelling Road Race
    * 26th McClane Pacific Downtown Grand Prix, NRC Criterium
    * 9th Land Park Criterium
    * 7th Lighthouse Criterium
    * 17th Santa Cruz Classic Criterium
    * 15th Cats Hill Criterium

    2000

    * 11th Cascade Cycling Classic Stage Race, NRC Criterium
    * 26th McClane Pacific NRC Criterium
    * 7th Overall Madera Stage Race
    * 3rd Madera Stage Race Road Race
    * 3rd Overall Tour de Toona Category 4 Omnium
    * 5th Tour de Toona Category 4 RR
    * 2nd Tour de Toona Category 4 Circuit Race
    * 3rd Oakland Museum Criterium
    * 15th Mt. Hamilton Classic Road Race
    * 8th Wente Vineyards Criterium
    * 5th San Rafael Classic Criterium
    * 12th Overall Mutual of Enumclaw Stage Race
    * 5th Mutual of Enumclaw Criterium
    * 7th Mutual of Enumclaw Road Race

    --B_3128059447_28806459 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding:
    quoted-printable

    <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Re: Healthnet Just Like Postal or Noble House?</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FONT
    FACE=3D"Verdana">On 2/14/03 8:45 AM, in article 5d0e1060.0302140845.34a= [email protected],
    "Fab5Freddy" <[email protected]= > wrote:<BR> <BR> <FONT
    COLOR=3D"#0000FF">> First, the owner lost a billion dollars on the .= com bubble:<BR> >
    http://www.fortune.com/fortune/investing/articles/0,15114,370546,00.ht= ml<BR> > <BR> > I know
    this bargain basement Thomas Weisel wannabe has some money, <BR=

    > but you think they really pay some of those guys an actual salary<BR> > for getting so many
    19th places in obscure races?<BR> >
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/?id=3D2003/healthnetpres<BR> > <BR> > Then this:<BR> >
    http://www.mosportsgroup.com/health_net_team_bios.html<BR> > One guy has Danielsons result on his
    own resume? Is that normal?<BR> > Then they have "Bob Hooks Formerly Alto Velo: Elite level
    rider f= or<BR> > five years. Sprinting capabilities unrivaled in Northern California<BR=

    > road racing circuit."<BR> > <BR> > If he has no rivals why no actual wins? Weird.
    Sure he's a good rider<=

    > but he's getting paid a salary for 12th places at norcal races?<BR> > <BR> > Sayers,
    Price will get some results, and probably the Belarus guys<BR> > don't want to go back
    there....but if they have all this money why not= <BR> > sign some more real pros?<BR>
    </FONT><BR> Bob Hooks<BR> Formerly Alto Velo: Elite level rider for five years. <B><I>Sprinting
    capab= ilities unrivaled in Northern California road racing circuit</I></B>. Severa= l NRC criterium
    results. <BR> <BR> 2002 <BR> <BR>
    * 12th Solano Stage Race, Stage #3, NRC Criterium <BR>
    * 16th Visalia NRC Criterium <BR>
    * 23rd McClane Pacific Downtown Grand Prix, NRC Criterium= <BR>
    * 20th McClane Pacific NRC Road Race <BR>
    * 11th Santa Cruz Fat Masters Criterium <BR>
    * 7th Overall, Madera Stage Race <BR>
    * 15th Snelling Road Race <BR>
    * 7th Dinuba Criterium <BR> <BR> <BR> 2001 <BR> <BR>
    * 6th Dinuba Criterium <BR>
    * 16th Snelling Road Race <BR>
    * 26th McClane Pacific Downtown Grand Prix, NRC Criterium= <BR>
    * 9th Land Park Criterium <BR>
    * 7th Lighthouse Criterium <BR>
    * 17th Santa Cruz Classic Criterium <BR>
    * 15th Cats Hill Criterium <BR> <BR> <BR> 2000 <BR> <BR>
    * 11th Cascade Cycling Classic Stage Race, NRC Criterium = <BR>
    * 26th McClane Pacific NRC Criterium <BR>
    * 7th Overall Madera Stage Race <BR>
    * 3rd Madera Stage Race Road Race <BR>
    * 3rd Overall Tour de Toona Category 4 Omnium <BR>
    * 5th Tour de Toona Category 4 RR <BR>
    * 2nd Tour de Toona Category 4 Circuit Race <BR>
    * 3rd Oakland Museum Criterium <BR>
    * 15th Mt. Hamilton Classic Road Race <BR>
    * 8th Wente Vineyards Criterium <BR>
    * 5th San Rafael Classic Criterium <BR>
    * 12th Overall Mutual of Enumclaw Stage Race <BR>
    * 5th Mutual of Enumclaw Criterium <BR>
    * 7th Mutual of Enumclaw Road Race <BR> <BR> </FONT> </BODY> </HTML>

    --B_3128059447_28806459--

  6. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Ken Papai wrote:

    > Why do you never have anything good to say except to denigrate the sport Mr./Ms. Anonymous?
    >
    > If you're so perfect and such a know-it-all why don't you do one good thing in your life and help.

    You mean like flipping $5 to ITeamNova/Flanders? Is that helping?

    ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [email protected] Kyle Legate [email protected]

    Tower of Tongues:Thursday PM:10:30-11:30 EDT:http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca moon
    musick:ritual:IDM:experimental(electronica):minimalism:glitch
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...

  7. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA726636.2A3EE%[email protected]...
    > On 2/14/03 8:45 AM, in article [email protected], "Fab5Freddy"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > First, the owner lost a billion dollars on the .com bubble:
    > > http://www.fortune.com/fortune/investing/articles/0,15114,370546,00.html
    > >
    > > I know this bargain basement Thomas Weisel wannabe has some money, but you think they really pay
    > > some of those guys an actual salary for getting so many 19th places in obscure races?
    > > http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/?id=2003/healthnetpres
    > >
    > > Then this: http://www.mosportsgroup.com/health_net_team_bios.html One guy has Danielsons result
    > > on his own resume? Is that normal? Then they have "Bob Hooks Formerly Alto Velo: Elite level
    > > rider for five years. Sprinting capabilities unrivaled in Northern California road racing
    > > circuit."
    > >
    > > If he has no rivals why no actual wins? Weird. Sure he's a good rider but he's getting paid a
    > > salary for 12th places at norcal races?
    > >
    > > Sayers, Price will get some results, and probably the Belarus guys don't want to go back
    > > there....but if they have all this money why not sign some more real pros?
    >
    > Bob Hooks Formerly Alto Velo: Elite level rider for five years. Sprinting
    capabilities
    > unrivaled in Northern California road racing circuit. Several NRC
    criterium
    > results.

    Nice write-up. Looks like the team elevates hyperbole on Hooks to a level unheard of. Thanks
    for the LOL!

    > 2002
    > * 12th Solano Stage Race, Stage #3, NRC Criterium
    > * 16th Visalia NRC Criterium
    > * 23rd McClane Pacific Downtown Grand Prix, NRC Criterium
    > * 20th McClane Pacific NRC Road Race
    > * 11th Santa Cruz Fat Masters Criterium
    > * 7th Overall, Madera Stage Race
    > * 15th Snelling Road Race
    > * 7th Dinuba Criterium
    >
    > 2001
    > * 6th Dinuba Criterium
    > * 16th Snelling Road Race
    > * 26th McClane Pacific Downtown Grand Prix, NRC Criterium
    > * 9th Land Park Criterium
    > * 7th Lighthouse Criterium
    > * 17th Santa Cruz Classic Criterium
    > * 15th Cats Hill Criterium
    >

    > 2000 <more of the same (i.e, he cannot outsprint anyone)

  8. Ronde Champ

    Ronde Champ Guest

    "Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...

    > "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA726636.2A3EE%[email protected]...
    > > On 2/14/03 8:45 AM, in article [email protected], "Fab5Freddy"
    > > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > First, the owner lost a billion dollars on the .com bubble:

    http://www.fortune.com/fortune/investing/articles/0,15114,370546,00.html

    > > > I know this bargain basement Thomas Weisel wannabe has some money, but you think they really
    > > > pay some of those guys an actual salary for getting so many 19th places in obscure races?
    > > > http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/?id=2003/healthnetpres
    > > >
    > > > Then this: http://www.mosportsgroup.com/health_net_team_bios.html One guy has Danielsons
    > > > result on his own resume? Is that normal? Then they have "Bob Hooks Formerly Alto Velo: Elite
    > > > level rider for five years. Sprinting capabilities unrivaled in Northern California road
    > > > racing circuit."
    > > >
    > > > If he has no rivals why no actual wins? Weird. Sure he's a good rider but he's getting paid a
    > > > salary for 12th places at norcal races?
    > > >
    > > > Sayers, Price will get some results, and probably the Belarus guys don't want to go back
    > > > there....but if they have all this money why not sign some more real pros?
    > >
    > > Bob Hooks Formerly Alto Velo: Elite level rider for five years. Sprinting
    > capabilities
    > > unrivaled in Northern California road racing circuit. Several NRC
    > criterium
    > > results.
    >
    > Nice write-up. Looks like the team elevates hyperbole on Hooks to a level unheard of. Thanks for
    > the LOL!

    Why do you never have anything good to say except to denigrate the sport Mr Ken Papai?

    If you're so perfect and such a know-it-all why don't you do one good thing in your life and help.

    Thanks, Ronde Champ

  9. [email protected] (Fab5Freddy) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    FREDDY To answer your question.They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well here is their team
    manager (Kevin Klein) at the Solano RR (first f'day even) going over the second KOM. This is the
    type of savvy riding knowledge that will seperate them from Noble House. I like the part were he
    realizes people are watching and lets go.

    http://www.photocrazy.com/2002/0328SOC/Soc7/SOC70019.html

    RVD

    PS Ken there is a picture of me RIDING the climb if you look. But I don't look happy, and I am
    looking a little heavy, so I will find a better photo for you to buy. Or you can do like I did
    and order this. http://www.photocrazy.com/cart/additem.cgi?photoID=P020328123028450&path=/2002/0-
    328SOC/Soc7&class=class1

    Just like lance in the tour. Exciting............

  10. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "Rik Van Diesel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (Fab5Freddy) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > FREDDY To answer your question.They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well here is their
    > team manager (Kevin Klein) at the Solano RR (first f'day even) going over the second KOM. This is
    > the type of savvy riding knowledge that will seperate them from Noble House. I like the part were
    > he realizes people are watching and lets go.
    >
    > http://www.photocrazy.com/2002/0328SOC/Soc7/SOC70019.html

    PotM. Maybe this was just the masters race and hanging on to a car meant Klein finished 33rd
    instead of 45th?

    > RVD
    >
    > PS Ken there is a picture of me RIDING the climb if you look. But I don't look happy, and I am
    > looking a little heavy, so I will find a better photo for you to buy. Or you can do like I did
    > and order this.

    http://www.photocrazy.com/cart/additem.cgi?photoID=P020328123028450&path=/20
    02/0328SOC/Soc7&class=class1

    Find a better one. There are too many unhappy riders climbing at Solano to look at to determine the
    real Rikky.

  11. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "ronde champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Ken Papai" <[email protected]
    > >
    > > "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA726636.2A3EE%[email protected]...

    > http://www.fortune.com/fortune/investing/articles/0,15114,370546,00.html

    not

    > > > Bob Hooks Formerly Alto Velo: Elite level rider for five years. Sprinting
    > > capabilities
    > > > unrivaled in Northern California road racing circuit. Several NRC
    > > criterium
    > > > results.
    > >
    > > Nice write-up. Looks like the team elevates hyperbole on Hooks to a level unheard of. Thanks for
    > > the LOL!
    >
    > Why do you never have anything good to say except to denigrate the sport Mr Ken Papai?
    >
    > If you're so perfect and such a know-it-all why don't you do one good thing in your life and help.

    WHAT???? You have nothing batter to do on Valentines Day? Does Europe celebrate this holiday?

    > Thanks, Ronde Champ

  12. Rumpe Cramp

    Rumpe Cramp Guest

    ronde champ wrote:

    > Why do you never have anything good to say except to denigrate the sport mr ronde?
    >
    > If you're so perfect and such a know-it-all why don't you do one good thing in your life and help.

    son,

    I've told you how weird it looks when you talk to yourself. Also, what kind of insecure dork starts
    threads about themselves? Be a man.

    love, dad (allegedly)

  13. [email protected] (Fab5Freddy) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > If he has no rivals why no actual wins? Weird. Sure he's a good rider but he's getting paid a
    > salary for 12th places at norcal races?

    Primes, maybe? Dunno. Strange.