Healthnet to ride Cannondale.

The color scheme is pretty messed up. Black base, or white base fine.
But half-and-half with different angles (stripes on TT don't look like
they match DT) just makes the bike look muddled.

Andrew F Martin wrote:
> The color scheme is pretty messed up. Black base, or white base fine.
> But half-and-half with different angles (stripes on TT don't look like
> they match DT) just makes the bike look muddled.

You'd probably ***** if someone gave you a crumpled up c-note

Remember when Cannondale was the biggest "Fred" bike on the planet?

Now it's what all the kewl kids ride!

Scott wrote:
> Andrew F Martin wrote:
> > The color scheme is pretty messed up. Black base, or white base fine.
> > But half-and-half with different angles (stripes on TT don't look like
> > they match DT) just makes the bike look muddled.

> You'd probably ***** if someone gave you a crumpled up c-note

Not sure where this turned into me turning down bikes. Last I checked
I don't have a pro contract with Health Net so I'm not in that
position. I'm just saying that's an ugly bike.

On 12/7/05 7:53 PM, in article
[email protected], "Andrew F Martin"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Scott wrote:
>> Andrew F Martin wrote:
>>> The color scheme is pretty messed up. Black base, or white base fine.
>>> But half-and-half with different angles (stripes on TT don't look like
>>> they match DT) just makes the bike look muddled.

>> You'd probably ***** if someone gave you a crumpled up c-note

> Not sure where this turned into me turning down bikes. Last I checked
> I don't have a pro contract with Health Net so I'm not in that
> position. I'm just saying that's an ugly bike.

It has nothing to do with the bike........
It is the PAINTJOB

"stig" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Remember when Cannondale was the biggest "Fred" bike on the planet?
>
> Now it's what all the kewl kids ride!

They are STILL "Fred" bikes. They are just really good "Fred" bikes. I am
not saying they are the best ones made. They are just made well. (let the
floggin begin) I like the ride of their aluminum frames. They sell a ton
of bikes for sure.

TJ

The saddle and bottle color combo isn't so hot either. Yeah - better
paint would help, but the ugly paint job makes for an ugly bike.

On 7 Dec 2005 22:12:18 -0800, "Andrew F Martin"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>The saddle and bottle color combo isn't so hot either. Yeah - better
>paint would help, but the ugly paint job makes for an ugly bike.

You know that they probably paid somebody to come up with the scehme,
don't you? So someone likes it. And then a committee decided it wasn't
all that bad.

Always go with a white bottle - that way you can tell how much of the
black stuff inside has grown so you know when to throw it away. My
personal tipping point is when the bottle goes from black on white to
white on black on the inside.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> Always go with a white bottle - that way you can tell how much of the
> black stuff inside has grown so you know when to throw it away.

Denture tablet apparently cleans the bottle perfectly. But does anyone who
does not have false teeth actually use that?

--
E. Dronkert

Well that's really surprising with all of the bike frames from
Cannondale failing every day.

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 15:32:22 +0100, Ewoud Dronkert
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Curtis L. Russell wrote:
>> Always go with a white bottle - that way you can tell how much of the
>> black stuff inside has grown so you know when to throw it away.

>Denture tablet apparently cleans the bottle perfectly. But does anyone who
>does not have false teeth actually use that?

Any minute now someone will be telling us to take this to
rec.bicycles.tech.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Tom Kunich wrote:
> Well that's really surprising with all of the bike frames from
> Cannondale failing every day.

this is a troll right? Oh well. Lots of teams race C'dale here in New
England with great results. I have not seen a crashandbale break
outside of a crash since the late 80s with the dropouts on the 2.8 that
were wicked cantelivered. Man, those frames road harsh.

The Caad's seem to be very, very nice bikes. I never heard of
Wheelworks ever breaking a frame.

CROSS NATS ARE HERE!!!!!!!

"jerry in vermont" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Tom Kunich wrote:
>> Well that's really surprising with all of the bike frames from
>> Cannondale failing every day.

> this is a troll right? Oh well. Lots of teams race C'dale here in New
> England with great results. I have not seen a crashandbale break
> outside of a crash since the late 80s with the dropouts on the 2.8 that
> were wicked cantelivered. Man, those frames road harsh.
>
> The Caad's seem to be very, very nice bikes. I never heard of
> Wheelworks ever breaking a frame.

Yes, that was sarcasm. Even those old Cannondales with the LONG cantilevered
rear dropouts only cracked one very seldom. Remember that Cannondale is an
American company that has to pay an arm and a leg for product insurance and
can't afford to have frames breaking and people using guys like Brian
Lafferty to make their fortunes.