General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Healthy Choice commercial

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 3 posts · 133 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
21 August 2007
Last activity
21 August 2007
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
133
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I just have to say the commercial for Healthy Choice's Cafe Steamers
    has got to be one of the dumbest commercials I've seen in a long
    time. It's the one that starts off with the two fake chefs talking
    about how steaming food is a way to lock in flavor and nutrition.
    They go on and say that Healthy Choice's specially made bowls steam
    your food as it cooks. The first thing I thought was DUH! Naturally
    if you put a covered container in the microwave it's going to steam.
    I can do the same thing with a piece of plastic wrap. Of course the
    kicker is when they say, "And you pour the sauce." WOW!

  2. Quoted message said:

    I just have to say the commercial for Healthy Choice's Cafe Steamers
    has got to be one of the dumbest commercials I've seen in a long
    time. It's the one that starts off with the two fake chefs talking
    about how steaming food is a way to lock in flavor and nutrition.
    They go on and say that Healthy Choice's specially made bowls steam
    your food as it cooks. The first thing I thought was DUH! Naturally
    if you put a covered container in the microwave it's going to steam.
    I can do the same thing with a piece of plastic wrap. Of course the
    kicker is when they say, "And you pour the sauce." WOW!


    You laugh because you aren't a member of the target audience who are
    cruising the frozen food isles at the bigbox store right now. I get the
    same reaction with any of those "look how easy and great this is"
    commercials.

  3. George said:
    Quoted message said:

    I just have to say the commercial for Healthy Choice's Cafe Steamers
    has got to be one of the dumbest commercials I've seen in a long
    time. It's the one that starts off with the two fake chefs talking
    about how steaming food is a way to lock in flavor and nutrition.
    They go on and say that Healthy Choice's specially made bowls steam
    your food as it cooks. The first thing I thought was DUH! Naturally
    if you put a covered container in the microwave it's going to steam.
    I can do the same thing with a piece of plastic wrap. Of course the
    kicker is when they say, "And you pour the sauce." WOW!

    You laugh because you aren't a member of the target audience who are
    cruising the frozen food isles at the bigbox store right now. I get the
    same reaction with any of those "look how easy and great this is"
    commercials.

    Of all the prepared foods, only the TV dinner brands like Banquet and
    Swanson are worse than Healthy Choice. Of course, that's based on a
    few years ago. I haven't made a frozen entree for a long time.
    Haven't even had a microwave for a year and a half.

    --Bryan

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.