Healthy Choice vs Smart Ones

Wannablean

Guest
Healthy Choice meals are on sale ( 2 for $3.00 ) at Wal-mart. Is it okay if I buy those or will
they hinder my weight loss in any way? I checked out their points and they range from 4 - 7
points per meal. I like to take frozen dinners for lunch with a small salad. Does anyone else use
Healthy Choice?

I used to have whatever was on sale that week but found that I was not getting enough protein and
was hungry by 3pm. Most of the points are coming from noodles or rice. Did not hinder my weight loss
in any way.

I found it cheaper to get a package of pre-cooked chicken and make my own meal. I put 3-4 ounces
of chicken plus a serving of mixed veggies in a container that I can nuke. I also have a large
salad with low fat dressing (I keep a bottle in the refrig at work). I make up 5 containers for
lunch on Sunday afternoon and store them in the refrig. Each morning I grab one of these
containers, throw together a salad plus a container of fruit or low fat yogart and my lunch is
made in about 3 minutes.

"WannaBLean" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Healthy Choice meals are on sale ( 2 for $3.00 ) at Wal-mart. Is it okay
if
> I buy those or will they hinder my weight loss in any way? I checked out their points and they
> range from 4 - 7 points per meal. I like to take frozen dinners for lunch with a small salad. Does
> anyone else use Healthy Choice?

We buy them from time to time especially in the summer when we are busy at
work, just drink extra water as most prepared foods have lots of salt. I
got banquet meatloaf dinner for a dollar each and they point out at five for
the entire thing. look at all of your options, don't overlook the "regular"
food, Lee, planning shopping now
WannaBLean <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Healthy Choice meals are on sale ( 2 for $3.00 ) at Wal-mart. Is it okay
if
> I buy those or will they hinder my weight loss in any way? I checked out their points and they
> range from 4 - 7 points per meal. I like to take frozen dinners for lunch with a small salad. Does
> anyone else use Healthy Choice?

"WannaBLean" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Healthy Choice meals are on sale ( 2 for $3.00 ) at Wal-mart. Is it okay if I buy those or will
> they hinder my weight loss in any way? I checked out their points and they range from 4 - 7
> points per meal. I like to take frozen dinners for lunch with a small salad. Does anyone else use
> Healthy Choice?

I would watch the sodium content. Most frozen meals have a tendancy to be high in sodium and some
folks retain fluids when thye get too much.

--
Started Weight Watchers together February 2002: Chris
332.4/184.6/185 Lifetime since 12/13/03 Pat

I sometimes buy them too, but watch the sodium content. These types of things can often be very
high in salt.
--
Brenda
209/178/150 RafL goal 165