Healthy diet

Originally Posted by Leadr1
How much healthy diet lover are here? What is your diet plan?
I think you will find most people who ride and race on a rugular basis are into a healthy diet/lifestyle.

[SIZE=10.5pt]I am a healthy diet lover because I am really into eating healthily and fitness for a more healthy body and lifestyle. I don’t really have a diet plan but I follow guidelines to eating which will help me pick my food choices well and avoid eating unhealthy foods. We must eat varied foods with right amounts of carbohydrates, proteins and fats. We should eat more vegetables and fruits, then rice and grains, and low-fat meats and proteins. I avoid foods that have too much salt, fat, sugar and preservatives. I go for organic sources more as these are natural and healthy. We should also eat in moderation and avoid excessive eating.[/SIZE]

I eat terrible foods...in moderation. I focus more on avoiding sugar in food and drinks more than anything else. All of the health metrics will tell you that I'm in decent shape and that my diet isn't killing me slowly (or quickly). There are plenty of healthy foods that I consume every day, and I would say that I move closer and closer to the healthiest diet possible as I grow older. I'll still take some red meat or something sweet from time to time, though. ;]

It is essential to have a healthy diet if you are serious about cycling. The food you consume plays a significant role in your races, commutes, and sometimes, your normal rides. I suggest you begin with drinking a good amount of water everyday. There is nothing worse than cycling while dehydrated.

I strive for high protein (even as a pescatrian), moderate carbs, and a moderate to low amount of healthy fat everyday. I feel this is the healthiest diet with the best results for me. I regularly consume whey protein powder as well; it helps immensely with muscle gain. Moreover, I try to limit my intake of unhealthy and processed foods. When I do this I feel much more energetic.

There's absolutely nothing better than a healthy diet but every time I look at these Bike riding guys they pretty much have the same body. It's interesting because it sculpts a nice body but they seem to lack upper body muscle mass.

Fad diets are always cool, they're promoted by fake looking people who often take steroids, have fake teeth, fake tans, fake facial reconstruction and worst of all promote a fake message. In my mind, the most fake of fake fad charlestons is paleo pete.

Fake photo shopped BS, my eyes teeth and tan are a scam.
pete.jpg

I'm really in front of the golf green, believe everything else I say.
photo-shopped-pete.png

The real paleo diet
real-paleo.jpg

Reactions: Bigbananabike
I do believe that healthy diet plan is very important for a person. It makes a person feel really good and happy . I usually make sure that I do not eat any unhealthy food. I totally believe that eating junk food is not healthy for a person.

the least processed the food the better, good fats, good protein and carbs in their natural form FTW

solidpaddy said:
the least processed the food the better, good fats, good protein and carbs in their natural form FTW
thats pretty much spot on IMO ;) eat food as close to it's natural state as possible.

I try my best to eat as much whole food as possible. Overall, I try to include whole grains, meat, fat, protein, milk, vegetables, and fruits into my meal. For example: wheat bread, brown rice, chicken breast, eggs, milk, celery, broccoli, banana, orange, peanut butter. Surprisingly, the overall cost is relatively cheap. So, I can say that switching to healthier option doesn't cost me a lot of money. In terms of amount, I sometimes eat breakfast but I east lunch and dinner so it is 2-3 meals everyday. I never got into the habit of eating 6 meals per day.

I have been a vegetarian for 25 years. In recent years, after contracting a serious illness, I started eating fish again, to help my body heal quickly. I have greatly benefited from it. So, these days my diet is still mainly vegetarian, but I supplement it once or twice a week with seafood. My body does a lot better on a protein rich diet, even though I don't work hard physically. I just feel a lot lighter and more energetic without starchy foods.
My preference will always be a Mediterranean diet.

For me, a healthy diet consists of quality proteins from grass fed/organic meat, a lot of fruits and vegetables and a lot of probiotics. Most people tend to forget the importance of probiotics and maintaining a healthy gut flora. I basically eat the protein I need for the day and eat as much as I can on vegetables. I also consume a lot of good fats to keep me satisfied through out the day and I go on an occasional "fasting" session once a week as a way to detox my body.

Vickeree said:
For me, a healthy diet consists of quality proteins from grass fed/organic meat, a lot of fruits and vegetables and a lot of probiotics. Most people tend to forget the importance of probiotics and maintaining a healthy gut flora. I basically eat the protein I need for the day and eat as much as I can on vegetables. I also consume a lot of good fats to keep me satisfied through out the day and I go on an occasional "fasting" session once a week as a way to detox my body.
fed/organic meat isn't sustainable for any more than about a billion people, meaning most of need to be killed. Your obsession with probiotics is interesting, you shouldn't need to worry about them unless you're eating a bunch of **** you should be eating. LOL @ good fats to keep me satisfied through out the day - 800 calories from carbs and protein vs 800 calories from fat arsed fat lard. Try it and report back LOL idiot.

Reactions: Vickeree
It is really important for a person to have a healthy diet. It helps a person to give his best performance. It would be great that way

I eat a lot of free range meat, raw veggies, and limited amounts of fruit. I don't eat any gluten products, starches, sugars, and carbohydrates. Since changing my diet a year ago I have lost 30 pound and all of my allergies have gone away.

I like foods high in carbohydrates since it gives me the strength to go on. Proteins are also good so I like eating beans as well. Our bodies need vitamins, which makes my budget full of fruits.

I think it doesn't matter what you eat as long as it's not of huge quantities. What matters is you maintain a good exercise through out the week and of course, do not overeat just eat till you're full. I wouldn't even mind eating a hamburger meal after an exercise or cycling, it's still healthier than someone who does nothing then eats it.

I closely watch my carb (this includes all sugars), salt and fat intake. I have medical conditions that require it but I have found it helps with cycling as well.