Healthy diet

Diet for me has always been a fitness killer. I love food and love cooking great meals with out having to think about calories or carbs. It wasn't until recently that I started paying attention to what I eat and when I eat. Many people think you only have to watch what you eat but the when is just as important. Have have to eat small meals periodically throughout the day and not eat too late in the evening or else that meal will be stored as fat.

It is true hence why Fruitarians can successufly live only on fruit for decades. See Durianrider (a very good cyclist and runner) on youtube, Woodstock fruit festival etc.

You can too have to much fructose. Just because a a few people or even a group of people have made something work or seem to work for them doesn't mean that it is true as a rule or general statement for the rest of us. Most people don't and or can't maintain an activity level that would make a high fructose diet viable. Fructose also happens to be the sugar of choice in many candies and junk foods because it is cheaper.

Reactions: BikeBikeBikeBike
Oh man are you trying to get me going??
Well the content is vapid drivel, written by someone mildly attractive with a vested interest in making money of suckers who read it, regardless of how stupid or even harmful her "advice" is.
So if you into that sort of thing.....
Also whenever you read something on the internet you like you can hit "alt-f4" and it will let the writer of the blog know you approve.

Nah, I am not going in that direction, I would prefer to get my healthy diet from more credible sources than a food blog.

You can too have to much fructose. Just because a a few people or even a group of people have made something work or seem to work for them doesn't mean that it is true as a rule or general statement for the rest of us. Most people don't and or can't maintain an activity level that would make a high fructose diet viable. Fructose also happens to be the sugar of choice in many candies and junk foods because it is cheaper.

Fructose is a synthetically engineered conspiracy by Monsanto, "big fruit" and the Koch brothers.
High fructose corn syrup must be more evil because it's "high" in badness, right guys?

Sugar=sugar.
Your body breaks it down into simpler forms and uses it as energy no matter where the heck it comes from.
I am actually happy you enjoy fructose, it's sweet and it costs less it's win-win man!

Anecdote time again!
Family member of mine is pre-diabetic. Doctors told him to cut down sugar, refined carbs you know typical stuff for type 2.
But he read somewhere on-line that "HFCS" is the "worst" sugar will cause health effects and kill him. He'll ask all the time "oh does it have REAL sugar or HFCS" and if it had "real" sugar he will have it because it's "not nearly as bad for me." It's very painful to watch, literally all sugar will harm him pretty much the same.
Last family gathering he asks for tea after dinner, we always normally have just coffee. He starts loading up his tea with honey, I was like "hey I think we have some Splenda would you like that instead since it won't mess with your blood-sugar." "Oh no I never use Splenda it's bad for you it will cause cancer, besides honey is okay because it's a natural sugar."
This is like top level ignorance right here.
Basically because it's "natural" it's fine, which could not be further from the truth! It's still a sugar and it's still going to cause you to go from pre-diabtic to diabetic in no time flat! Then instead of taking something that "might" harm in decades in the future, he's taking something that will SURLY harm him in the immediately future!
I don't think a majority of the population should be allowed to read health advice on the internet.

Reactions: Jcycle
I am a thin guy so I don't have to worry about my carb intake. Just don't take too many sweet food and also avoid fast food. Eat in regular intervals, never overeat. Green veggies, a glass of milk, egg is a must for everyday.

I used to be a think guy 10 or 15 years ago. Now I am not fat, but I am overweight, so I am interested in losing some and living more healthy.

Fructose is a synthetically engineered conspiracy by Monsanto, "big fruit" and the Koch brothers.
High fructose corn syrup must be more evil because it's "high" in badness, right guys?

Sugar=sugar.
Your body breaks it down into simpler forms and uses it as energy no matter where the heck it comes from.
I am actually happy you enjoy fructose, it's sweet and it costs less it's win-win man!

Anecdote time again!
Family member of mine is pre-diabetic. Doctors told him to cut down sugar, refined carbs you know typical stuff for type 2.
But he read somewhere on-line that "HFCS" is the "worst" sugar will cause health effects and kill him. He'll ask all the time "oh does it have REAL sugar or HFCS" and if it had "real" sugar he will have it because it's "not nearly as bad for me." It's very painful to watch, literally all sugar will harm him pretty much the same.
Last family gathering he asks for tea after dinner, we always normally have just coffee. He starts loading up his tea with honey, I was like "hey I think we have some Splenda would you like that instead since it won't mess with your blood-sugar." "Oh no I never use Splenda it's bad for you it will cause cancer, besides honey is okay because it's a natural sugar."
This is like top level ignorance right here.
Basically because it's "natural" it's fine, which could not be further from the truth! It's still a sugar and it's still going to cause you to go from pre-diabtic to diabetic in no time flat! Then instead of taking something that "might" harm in decades in the future, he's taking something that will SURLY harm him in the immediately future!
I don't think a majority of the population should be allowed to read health advice on the internet.

The big issue with HFC is the amount people consume. People hear that it is bad to eat so much of it and assume that means that it is bad for you to eat it at all. Items with sucrose usually, but not always contain less of it than the counterparts with HFC. People should be looking at the total sugars on a label rather than the variety. Also, contrary to popular belief sugar doesn't cause type 2 diabetes. The overall diet somebody eats is a contributing factor to diabetes along with other life style changes. If you are pre-diabetic and you only cut sugar without examining the rest of your diet, your activity level, your sleep habits, or drug use (including smoking or drinking) you will likely still progress to type 2 diabetes.