Healthy diet

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by Leadr1, Feb 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Bigbananabike

Bigbananabike Member

You got it - the Paleo diet ;-(

2. ambal

ambal Active Member

Why do you hate the paleo diet so much? I can't stand it's BS marketing and the arrogance of people following it.

3. sunshiney

sunshiney Member

I'd say I'm a mostly healthy diet lover :) I cook a lot of vegetarian meals, fish, lean proteins, and whole grains like brown rice. Mostly I focus on getting a decent amount of protein and then augment that with lots of yummy vegetables. As a teenager I tried a million fad diets and none of them were sustainable, but I've finally settled on a way of eating that keeps me at the weight I prefer without being too restrictive.

That said, I loosen up my diet a bit on the weekends. I shop for and cook all the meals in our house so it's nice to relax and get takeout instead once in awhile. I love my beer and whiskey too, so I've got to fit that in somewhere!

4. oportosanto

oportosanto Well-Known Member

I thought that sugars were the worse, but I've started to read some articles about how bad cereals are and I am starting to get convinced. Either cases, this should be our government job, to feed us properly.

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Member

My diet consist of:

1. Mostly vegetables.
    2. Chicken and fish.
    3. Fruits.
    4. Whole grain.
    5. Milk.

And of course an occasional cheat day because I do need it, we need it! Haha! But for the most part, I eat healthy and stick to those types of foods.

6. Bigbananabike

Bigbananabike Member

I've you took out the animal products it would be even better :)

7. Jcycle

Jcycle Active Member

Cereal contain refined carbs. Refined carbs break down into sugars when digested. You basically said that you read articles about sugar being worse than sugar. Don't even get me started on the whole tasking the government with your food choices bit. *grumble*

8. Jcycle

Jcycle Active Member

Really? Vitamin B12...

9. Bigbananabike

Bigbananabike Member

Utilisation of B12 is more about an individual's ability to absorb it rather than where it comes from so there are Vegans like me who have a good level of B12 and people who eat copious amounts of meat whose levels of B12 are too low.

10. Jcycle

Jcycle Active Member

You can't utilize it unless you have a source of it. How are you getting it?

11. Bigbananabike

Bigbananabike Member

Its in our soi

Its in soils and in a limited amount of plants and I occasionally take B-Complex vitamins.

12. Regalia

Regalia New Member

I just make sure I eat at least a scoop of veggies and fruit once a week. I need no diet. (In the overweight scale sense) Although, I do have a limited choice. I'm picky. It's either corn, oranges, green beans, spinach,pickles, or bananas. I'm pretty sure cinnamon apples doesn't count.

13. oportosanto

Veggies and fruit once a week? Just once a week or did you meant once per day? Even that is not much because we need to eat 5 portions of fruits and vegetables per day.

14. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlands Member

I think that if you're serious about cycling, and you want to improve your performance, you also have to be serious about the food that you put into your body, because everything can add up into the overall story for your body. I make sure that I have as little sugar as possible, and plenty of carbs if I know I want to go on a long journey. The power of fruit and veg should never be underestimated, as the vitamins and minerals are absolutely vital for your body.

15. djcycling

djcycling New Member

My diet isn't about eating healthy. My work doesn't allow me to prepare or consume specifically healthy meals. BUT, I eat 4-5 small meals a day. This keeps me in peak physical state. Plus, I don't want to ever lose the physique that I have worked so hard to build. I don't say no to unhealthy foods like extra cheesy pizzas but I make sure I work out harder the next day.

16. Jcycle

Jcycle Active Member

Once a week? So basically not at all.

17. Regalia

Regalia New Member

I guess they do say have healthy stuff with every meal. So, yeah, basically not at all. But I'm poor sooo....I'm lucky if I even get that. My parents get food only once or twice a month. The first time she comes back with a lot of food. The second time, a little bit.

18. Bigbananabike

Bigbananabike Member

I can smell burning martyr......:eek:

oportosanto likes this.
  19. oportosanto

:D

Nice comment there bananabike, I guess there are people who don't eat that often, in that case it's harder to ride the bike. :D

20. Weatherby

Weatherby Well-Known Member

I prefer to eat 70% fats/oils, 20% proteins, and 10% carbohydrates.