Healthy diet

Fad diets are always cool, they're promoted by fake looking people who often take steroids, have fake teeth, fake tans, fake facial reconstruction and worst of all promote a fake message. In my mind, the most fake of fake fad charlestons is paleo pete.

Fake photo shopped BS, my eyes teeth and tan are a scam.
View attachment 303

I'm really in front of the golf green, believe everything else I say.
View attachment 304

The real paleo diet
View attachment 305

You got it - the Paleo diet ;-(

I'd say I'm a mostly healthy diet lover :) I cook a lot of vegetarian meals, fish, lean proteins, and whole grains like brown rice. Mostly I focus on getting a decent amount of protein and then augment that with lots of yummy vegetables. As a teenager I tried a million fad diets and none of them were sustainable, but I've finally settled on a way of eating that keeps me at the weight I prefer without being too restrictive.

That said, I loosen up my diet a bit on the weekends. I shop for and cook all the meals in our house so it's nice to relax and get takeout instead once in awhile. I love my beer and whiskey too, so I've got to fit that in somewhere!

I thought that sugars were the worse, but I've started to read some articles about how bad cereals are and I am starting to get convinced. Either cases, this should be our government job, to feed us properly.

My diet consist of:

1. Mostly vegetables.
2. Chicken and fish.
3. Fruits.
4. Whole grain.
5. Milk.

And of course an occasional cheat day because I do need it, we need it! Haha! But for the most part, I eat healthy and stick to those types of foods.

My diet consist of:

1. Mostly vegetables.
2. Chicken and fish.
3. Fruits.
4. Whole grain.
5. Milk.

And of course an occasional cheat day because I do need it, we need it! Haha! But for the most part, I eat healthy and stick to those types of foods.

I've you took out the animal products it would be even better :)

I thought that sugars were the worse, but I've started to read some articles about how bad cereals are and I am starting to get convinced. Either cases, this should be our government job, to feed us properly.

Cereal contain refined carbs. Refined carbs break down into sugars when digested. You basically said that you read articles about sugar being worse than sugar. Don't even get me started on the whole tasking the government with your food choices bit. *grumble*

Really? Vitamin B12...

Utilisation of B12 is more about an individual's ability to absorb it rather than where it comes from so there are Vegans like me who have a good level of B12 and people who eat copious amounts of meat whose levels of B12 are too low.

Utilisation of B12 is more about an individual's ability to absorb it rather than where it comes from so there are Vegans like me who have a good level of B12 and people who eat copious amounts of meat whose levels of B12 are too low.

You can't utilize it unless you have a source of it. How are you getting it?

I just make sure I eat at least a scoop of veggies and fruit once a week. I need no diet. (In the overweight scale sense) Although, I do have a limited choice. I'm picky. It's either corn, oranges, green beans, spinach,pickles, or bananas. I'm pretty sure cinnamon apples doesn't count.

Veggies and fruit once a week? Just once a week or did you meant once per day? Even that is not much because we need to eat 5 portions of fruits and vegetables per day.

I think that if you're serious about cycling, and you want to improve your performance, you also have to be serious about the food that you put into your body, because everything can add up into the overall story for your body. I make sure that I have as little sugar as possible, and plenty of carbs if I know I want to go on a long journey. The power of fruit and veg should never be underestimated, as the vitamins and minerals are absolutely vital for your body.

How much healthy diet lover are here? What is your diet plan?

My diet isn't about eating healthy. My work doesn't allow me to prepare or consume specifically healthy meals. BUT, I eat 4-5 small meals a day. This keeps me in peak physical state. Plus, I don't want to ever lose the physique that I have worked so hard to build. I don't say no to unhealthy foods like extra cheesy pizzas but I make sure I work out harder the next day.

I just make sure I eat at least a scoop of veggies and fruit once a week. I need no diet. (In the overweight scale sense) Although, I do have a limited choice. I'm picky. It's either corn, oranges, green beans, spinach,pickles, or bananas. I'm pretty sure cinnamon apples doesn't count.

Once a week? So basically not at all.

I guess they do say have healthy stuff with every meal. So, yeah, basically not at all. But I'm poor sooo....I'm lucky if I even get that. My parents get food only once or twice a month. The first time she comes back with a lot of food. The second time, a little bit.

I guess they do say have healthy stuff with every meal. So, yeah, basically not at all. But I'm poor sooo....I'm lucky if I even get that. My parents get food only once or twice a month. The first time she comes back with a lot of food. The second time, a little bit.

I can smell burning martyr......:eek:

Reactions: oportosanto
:D

Nice comment there bananabike, I guess there are people who don't eat that often, in that case it's harder to ride the bike. :D