Healthy diet

You think it's just an excuse? Maybe, but I can't really change my diet. My mom is specific about what we can buy.

I guess they do say have healthy stuff with every meal. So, yeah, basically not at all. But I'm poor sooo....I'm lucky if I even get that. My parents get food only once or twice a month. The first time she comes back with a lot of food. The second time, a little bit.

I bet you are a lot healthier than the overweight folks I see waddling around.

I only eat fruit once or twice per week but I do eat 3-4 small servings of veggies per day..

I know right?! I always try to partake in veggie and fruit digesting.
I heard one of the reasons some people don't exercise is because it's BORING. Boring though? If you are gaining weight faster than a bowling ball drops than you need to make it more "interesting" without fatty foods. There are so many ways to work out! Thursday, I seen an overweight woman in Pizza Hut, she was wearing a track suit. I'm guessing it was for insulation.

I just shoveled 32 inches of snow over the past two days and just did an interval workout on the trainer. I am whipped. My grandfather was a coal miner. He told me to do/fix stuff myself instead of going to the gym and I try to do so despite being able to pay someone to handle my messes like this blasted snow storm.

People do not exercise because they are lazy and they eat sugar/carbs for the buzz so to speak.

I understand that, but the person I was referring to is the type who don't have some immobile disorder, or have to work. This type just sits on the couch all day, making up excuses for doing something productive or exercising. More than a couch potato.

My diet isn't about eating healthy. My work doesn't allow me to prepare or consume specifically healthy meals. BUT, I eat 4-5 small meals a day. This keeps me in peak physical state. Plus, I don't want to ever lose the physique that I have worked so hard to build. I don't say no to unhealthy foods like extra cheesy pizzas but I make sure I work out harder the next day.

If you intentionally eat unhealthy food because of your job, maybe it is time to get a new job. Exercise isn't going to make up for eating junk. It doesn't work that way.

What are you saying weatherby, 70% oils? I am not a nutrition expert, but you have to be trolling because 70% fat is an insane diet.

I try to include lots of proteins and raw fruits and vegetables in my diet. I normally drink a protein shake every morning and that gives me more energy for the day. However, I will admit I love bread! I have tried to cut it out of my diet, but I always cave. So, instead I have done well with allowing myself to enjoy bread twice a week so I don't miss it as much the rest of the week.

I try to include lots of proteins and raw fruits and vegetables in my diet. I normally drink a protein shake every morning and that gives me more energy for the day. However, I will admit I love bread! I have tried to cut it out of my diet, but I always cave. So, instead I have done well with allowing myself to enjoy bread twice a week so I don't miss it as much the rest of the week.

Bread has been Demonised by the likes of the Paleo exponents:mad:

They often have the simplistic belief (not science) that all breads are simple carbohydrates which is wrong when it comes to quality whole grain breads.

Enjoy whole grain breads :)

Reactions: Abby25
Bread has been Demonised by the likes of the Paleo exponents:mad:

They often have the simplistic belief (not science) that all breads are simple carbohydrates which is wrong when it comes to quality whole grain breads.

Enjoy whole grain breads :)

Good point. Sure factory white bread is very simple carbs, but a hearty loaf of multi-grain from a local baker is really good stuff.
The internet has really spread A LOT of bad nutrition information over the last few years, it's terrible.

What are you saying weatherby, 70% oils? I am not a nutrition expert, but you have to be trolling because 70% fat is an insane diet.
No

Google "FASTER" study

Nutritional Ketosis

LCHF

70-80% carbs is insane. Killing us.

OK, so I am a little lost here. I even googled ketosis and to be honest it seems to be some lack of energy right? Nothing like eating properly to be able to ride effectively.

OK, so I am a little lost here. I even googled ketosis and to be honest it seems to be some lack of energy right? Nothing like eating properly to be able to ride effectively.
Ketosis is one step away from ketoacidosis which is a deadly condition. Ketosis is when your body is using protein and fat as primary energy sources. Ketoacidosis occurs when the body starts breaking down muscle for a source. Ketosis is not a healthy state to be in and the people promoting it are daft.

Reactions: oportosanto