Healthy Living Tips ...

lanejared

Jan 18, 2010
Here are eight tips for healthy living on the go:

1. Enjoy a pint of water first thing in the morning.
If you haven’t got time for anything else in the morning, make time to drink a big glass of water. We lose a lot of oxygen through the night and to rejuvenate our cells, we need to supply them with water and oxygen. Drink a glass of water and within a week you’ll begin to feel less tired.

2. Grab a few fresh fruits on your way out.
Wherever you’re going – whether it’s a walk or drive to the supermarket or on your way to a meeting – pick up one or two fruits and eat them. Fruits are great for their nutrients, vitamins and sugars that are required in our body.

3. Avoid going to junk food shops with your work mates.
If your work mates are going and you want to go along, go ahead but don’t order the burger or french fries. Go for a nice salad instead. Or any other healthy meal that takes your fancy. Junk food is full of “empty calories” that do nothing for your body but put on extra unneeded and unhealthy fat.

4. Exercise on the go.
If you work in an office, get up every 30 minutes and go for a walk. If you have an office with stairs, run up and down the stairs every couple of hours. Get your blood flowing and your muscles moving.

5. Drink herbal teas.

When at work or home, many people love to get a cup of tea or coffee. Decide that you’ll be more healthy and get a warm cup of herbal tea. The selection available today is absolutely massive, so you’re guaranteed to find one you enjoy.

6. Eat a handful of nuts.

Get your favorite selection of nuts and raisins and have a big handful of them at around 3pm. This has been shown to increase afternoon energy and productivity.

7. Say yes to freshly squeezed juice.
One of the biggest and most exciting changes I made in my health about 7 months ago was when I said “yes” to having my own freshly squeezed juice every morning. Since then, my energy, body health and vitality has increased ten-fold.

8. Deep breathing.
When you’ve got time – at your desk, driving the car, cooking food – do some deep breathing. Inhale and count up to 5 seconds, hold it for a few seconds, and release slowly. Exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide is one of the best things we can do for our blood and cells.
Do you have any tips for healthy living on the go? Do tell…

don't drink too much, don't smoke cigarrettes, don't smoke crack or inject heroine and you should be alright..

lots of water, force yourself if you must because the human body needs a minimum of 64 fl oz a day just to be considered not dehydrated and to allow for the proper reproduction of the trillions of brain cells that die on a daily basis and that is just if you are not active. and it also allows for the best oxygen transfer in the body. not sure how that works but i heard it somewhere....eh.

The body requiring a set amount of water every day is a myth. Every one is different, each body is different, so people require different amounts of water intake depending on size, weight, bone density, and also physical activity.

Another good tip is, exercising even for only 20 minutes befor breakfast is a great way to speed up metabolism. Even better if you go up and down in intensity

lanejared said:
Exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide is one of the best things we can do for our blood and cells.

Uhm, that's pretty much a requirement if you want to keep on livin'. :D

roadhouse said:
don't smoke cigarrettes, don't smoke crack or inject heroine and you should be alright..

I've found all 3 of these to be great for weight loss and ciggys raised my crit by 10%, hope there're not ADA's list of banned substances as l didn't check beforehand :eek:

(Just kiddin :p SAY NO TO DRUGS KIDS :mad:)

bubsy said:
roadhouse said:
don't smoke cigarrettes, don't smoke crack or inject heroine and you should be alright..QUOTE]

I've found all 3 of these to be great for weight loss and ciggys raised my crit by 10%, hope there're not ADA's list of banned substances as l didn't check beforehand :eek:

(Just kiddin :p SAY NO TO DRUGS KIDS :mad:)

kids, say no to being a dumbass too. :)

roadhouse said:
bubsy said:
kids, say no to being a dumbass too. :)

Lol :rolleyes:
I thought that would have been pretty obvious too!
In my community the most abused substances that are of concern are extacy, alcohol (moreso binge drinking), pot and from what work collegues in the party scence tell me cocaine use is on the rise aswell.
Maybe we should start a thread about what substances to avoid in our local community? Seriously if your contemplating using a drug as heavy as HEROINE for god's sake then l think you've got a whole lot more going on in your world then worrying about looking in the Health Nutition and Supplements section on a cycling forum.
Perhaps we'd be better served educatiing youngsters new to the sport about the dangers and side effects of using performance enhancing drugs? hence my little ****le about ciggarettes raising one's crit.

bubsy said:
roadhouse said:
Lol :rolleyes:
I thought that would have been pretty obvious too!
In my community the most abused substances that are of concern are extacy, alcohol (moreso binge drinking), pot and from what work collegues in the party scence tell me cocaine use is on the rise aswell.
Maybe we should start a thread about what substances to avoid in our local community? Seriously if your contemplating using a drug as heavy as HEROINE for god's sake then l think you've got a whole lot more going on in your world then worrying about looking in the Health Nutition and Supplements section on a cycling forum.
Perhaps we'd be better served educatiing youngsters new to the sport about the dangers and side effects of using performance enhancing drugs? hence my little ****le about ciggarettes raising one's crit.

glad you found the humor in my post, that was the intent. :cool:
i've used my fair share of cocaine, much more than my fair share actually. I've actually gone into a siezure right after a huge rail, seven, eight years ago. almost died.

CRIKEY MATE :eek:
Hope all is well on that front and you've kicked the habbit then.
Drug dealers are the scum of the earth IMOP no exceptions....... NONE!

bubsy said:
CRIKEY MATE :eek:
Hope all is well on that front and you've kicked the habbit then.
Drug dealers are the scum of the earth IMOP no exceptions....... NONE!

you're talking to an ex dealer, a serious one. gangs, money and girls, fights, guns and more fights. been shot and stabbed. even jacked a few drug dealers in my youth and sold their **** and made thousands as a young dumbass and lost it all right back up the nose. I'm with you on it though, i was wrong and knew no better back then as a late teen and i agree, the only good dealer is a dead one. all is well now though, thanks. the bike got me out and The Ironman is the beginning of the full life turnaround...it's a process and it's not overnight.

Anything is Possible, after all and I'm gonna prove it.

Herbal Teas, they are the creation of Satan and best left for those who wear dungarees and tie-dyed clothes. No self respecting man will ever drink a herbal tea.

taniwha said:
Herbal Teas, they are the creation of Satan and best left for those who wear dungarees and tie-dyed clothes. No self respecting man will ever drink a herbal tea.

Exactly. Caffeine is the most important of the 5 food groups, and most herbals ain't got it. Besides, I'll never forget the day you told me that no day is better spent than when it's spent black teabagging.

alienator said:
Exactly. Caffeine is the most important of the 5 food groups, and most herbals ain't got it. Besides, I'll never forget the day you told me that no day is better spent than when it's spent black teabagging.

I'm mortified. You promised not to reveal that, and in return I promised not to reveal your stage name in that drag review that you headline.

As previously stated on another thread of this sort, eating a Snickers everyday will increase your lifespan by at least 50yrs...:D