Heart monitor

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Mark U., Mar 13, 2003.

  1. Mark U.

    Mark U. Guest

    Any good ideas about how to keep the chest transmitter from slipping down, other than tighten the
    strap? Do you use anything other than water on the electrodes (KY jelly or something)? It's a bummer
    when the readout stops right in the middle of a steep hill.

    Mark

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, "Mark U." <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Any good ideas about how to keep the chest transmitter from slipping down, other than tighten the
    > strap? Do you use anything other than water on the electrodes (KY jelly or something)? It's a
    > bummer when the readout stops right in the middle of a steep hill.

    Get the elastic part of the strap damp. It will stay up in place, thus keeping the front from
    slipping. Once you start riding it will stay moist.

    Keeping the front in place is dependent on keeping the elastic strap from slipping down

  3. Xzzy

    Xzzy Guest

    do what I did: sew an elastic strap from right front, over the shoulder, to left rear, of the
    transmitter strap

    John Bickmore www.BicycleCam.com www.Feed-Zone.com

    "Mark U." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Any good ideas about how to keep the chest transmitter from slipping down, other than tighten the
    > strap? Do you use anything other than water on the electrodes (KY jelly or something)? It's a
    > bummer when the readout stops right in the middle of a steep hill.
    >
    > Mark

  4. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, xzzy <[email protected]> wrote:

    > do what I did: sew an elastic strap from right front, over the shoulder, to left rear, of the
    > transmitter strap

    Watch out. I think Kramer still has the patent on the "Manssiere".

  5. Mark U. wrote:
    > Any good ideas about how to keep the chest transmitter from slipping down, other than tighten the
    > strap? Do you use anything other than water on the electrodes (KY jelly or something)? It's a
    > bummer when the readout stops right in the middle of a steep hill.
    >
    > Mark

    Sometimes I've been able to get a good readout with the strap placed above my *lungs*
    instead of below.

    --
    Perre

    Remove the DOTs to reply

  6. It's called a bro.

    Mark VandenBerghe

  7. "Mark U." wrote:

    > Any good ideas about how to keep the chest transmitter from slipping down, other than tighten the
    > strap? Do you use anything other than water on the electrodes (KY jelly or something)? It's a
    > bummer when the readout stops right in the middle of a steep hill.

    After the tri at the weekend where a number of male athletes noticed the same problem, the solution
    we came up with was to order the Polar Heart Bra in your chest size with a AA cup and use that. STF

  8. Two Spoke

    Two Spoke Guest

    You should give this a shot, http://www.get-rhythm.com/index.html Most mail order places carry it, I
    have been using it for the last few years, and it really seems to work.