Heart monitor

Mark U.

Guest
Any good ideas about how to keep the chest transmitter from slipping down, other than tighten the
strap? Do you use anything other than water on the electrodes (KY jelly or something)? It's a bummer
when the readout stops right in the middle of a steep hill.

Mark

In article <[email protected]>, "Mark U." <[email protected]> wrote:

> Any good ideas about how to keep the chest transmitter from slipping down, other than tighten the
> strap? Do you use anything other than water on the electrodes (KY jelly or something)? It's a
> bummer when the readout stops right in the middle of a steep hill.

Get the elastic part of the strap damp. It will stay up in place, thus keeping the front from
slipping. Once you start riding it will stay moist.

Keeping the front in place is dependent on keeping the elastic strap from slipping down

do what I did: sew an elastic strap from right front, over the shoulder, to left rear, of the
transmitter strap

John Bickmore www.BicycleCam.com www.Feed-Zone.com

In article <9Ucca.84368$S_4.60361@rwcrnsc53>, xzzy <[email protected]> wrote:

> do what I did: sew an elastic strap from right front, over the shoulder, to left rear, of the
> transmitter strap

Watch out. I think Kramer still has the patent on the "Manssiere".

Mark U. wrote:
> Any good ideas about how to keep the chest transmitter from slipping down, other than tighten the
> strap? Do you use anything other than water on the electrodes (KY jelly or something)? It's a
> bummer when the readout stops right in the middle of a steep hill.
>
> Mark

Sometimes I've been able to get a good readout with the strap placed above my *lungs*
instead of below.

--
Perre

Remove the DOTs to reply

It's called a bro.

Mark VandenBerghe

"Mark U." wrote:

> Any good ideas about how to keep the chest transmitter from slipping down, other than tighten the
> strap? Do you use anything other than water on the electrodes (KY jelly or something)? It's a
> bummer when the readout stops right in the middle of a steep hill.

After the tri at the weekend where a number of male athletes noticed the same problem, the solution
we came up with was to order the Polar Heart Bra in your chest size with a AA cup and use that. STF

You should give this a shot, http://www.get-rhythm.com/index.html Most mail order places carry it, I
have been using it for the last few years, and it really seems to work.